Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lucky Charms

Judy Garland, as Dorothy, received ruby slippers from the Good Witch of the North, Glinda. The slippers were magical, by clicking the heels three times and repeating "There's no place like home," she could return home to Kansas.

Of course, returning to Kansas would only get me half way back home to Texas, but in the several years I've had the "red slippers" they have surrounded me with their 'magic powers!'

A couple of years ago, I found a yard ornament, a bunny with angel wings with paws folded in prayer. 'Angel Bunny" has been with me since. But I think this storm just about exhausted her!

She has been cleaned up and is back on duty protecting my trailer.

Between my ruby slippers and my Angel Bunny, along with some truly sincere prayers, I've been one lucky camper when it comes to storms.

Too bad I can't say the same thing for this nest of baby birds! Of all of the damage, seeing this perfectly formed nest, no damage, just fallen from the tree and the three babies dead along side, breaks my heart! I so enjoy the birds and hang my feeders as soon as I get to Iowa. To walk out the morning after the storm and see this in front of my trailer seemed so sad.

No comments: