Wednesday, May 5, 2010

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO

Sunday early AM, I woke up sick as a dog, feeling like I was dying and wishing I would! Decided to go back to bed after I fed the critters and ended up staying there all day. Missed my Sunday lunch with Johnnie and the family. Oh, how I hate to miss that! I'm beginning to think it just might be a 'sloppy' gall bladder that just strikes when it feels like it. I eat out so much when I’m here in Gatesville, trying to get in lunch with everyone! AND, usually it is hamburgers, onion rings, greasy fried stuff, Italian stuff, Mexican stuff -- all spicy and/or fried -- stuff I shouldn't be eating at all, let alone everyday! And of course, I drink more coffee here than anywhere else.

I really hate days like that. I lay in bed thinking of all the stuff I should be up and doing. But I’m glad I'm retired so I don’t have to think about getting up to go to work or be productive. I can be just as lazy and miserable as I want to be!

Monday morning I needed a sweater at 54 degrees and sunny. Felt some better than the day before but still not ready to wander from home. My diet consisted of bland mash potatoes and boiled macaroni – YUMMY! Got really brave Monday afternoon and melted a little cheese on the macaroni!

TUESDAY was another 52 degree sunny morning. I was feeling much better. Definitely time for me to get back to cookin' and makin’ soups!

I miss emailing with my sister during the day. She is off to a seminar. But she called while I was out shaking the ‘sickies’ off of me.
Was time to make a trip out to pick up some of the essentials, doggie training pads and stuff to make some soup.

Summer must have arrived. It made it to 90 degrees by mid afternoon and at 8PM it was still 88 degrees at 8 PM!

It may be Cinco De Mayo, but I think I'll stay away from the Mexican food for another day!!

Woke to 63 a sunny degrees. By mid afternoon I had the air conditioner on and was trying to push the 90+ degree heat out of this tin can I live in. I picked the hottest day of the year (so far) to do laundry! Poor planning on my part. But it is the first day I’ve felt like doing much of anything. I think I’m just about back to normal….the soup is going in the crockpot! An easy soup – just open the cans and pour it in, heat it up and eat it!

No comments: