Thursday, August 23, 2012

It's August!

After over a year’s use, I finally had to fill one of the propane tanks! Guess I don’t cook very often! My ‘regular’ propane place is gone so had to try a new one. Nice folks –even let me leave my tank while I ran errands so I didn’t have to carry it in the back of the truck.

I hadn't been able to get the thing disconnected, twisted, turned, tugged until I was afraid I was going to damage the connection.  Since Bea and I were going to That Place in Conrad with Jim and Kathy for supper (I love their catfish!) Jim came over with all sorts of tools – jiggled it around a little, straightened it out and it disconnected right away!

Sunday afternoon I went over to Bea’s place for a cook out. Monday was laundry and errands. The day started at 59 degrees and I pulled my hoodie out of the closet! But I do enjoy the cooler nites! Haven’t had to do a lot of grocery shopping – we eat out way too much! I’ll really get to hear about that when I have my lab work drawn and see where the cholesterol, blood sugar and A1C is! When I got back home, I grill some pork tenderloin slices and a small piece of beef I had – eat some and put the rest back in the freezer!

Tuesday started with Holly rubbing her head against my feet! Can’t stand anyone touching my feet! It must have been good sleepin’ weather; I was out like a light! Holly had decided it was time for me to be up; her bowl was empty. She started nudging my hand. That evidentially didn’t work, so right for the feet. Can’t handle THAT! I was up! Had to run back into WalMart to see if my Rx had been straightened out – they had filled the wrong med! OOPS! Went by the Salvation Army Thrift Store to see if they had anything I couldn’t live without! Of course I found a couple of things! That evening Bea and I met Kathy and Jim Black at Applebees.

Wednesday, Aug 8, I met Sherri at the Windmill café in Pella. We had a nice rain but not too much to keep me from driving to meet friends for a visit and good eats! Sherri had pictures from the class reunion and had a set made for me – how terrific! I love the architecture in Pella.

Stopped at the bakery for some Dutch letter pastries, but headed home without delay as the sky turn black and the thunder rolled.  I managed to stay ahead of most of the wind and rain on the way home. The pics below were taken from the truck as I drove down the highway.









Approaching the "Wind Farm" near Laurel IA







Took the truck back in for the A/C problem on the 9th. The next day, Rose, from the auto shop, called to say I had left my Kindle in the truck and she had it secured for me in the office! Nice folks!

Still without a truck on Sunday, Sherri picked me up for the Pow Wow in Tama. It had rained all night and was damp and drizzling but we headed down anyway. The Pow Wow was stopped a couple of time to let the rain pass. I certainly don’t blame them – that Regalia they wear can’t be CHEAP! And I know most of them make their own.

















After the rain, the announcement was made that tennis shoes could be worn on the wet grass.  Many of the young'ens were also wearing their 'hoodies!'

After Pow Wow, we met Bea at Rube’s in Montour, IA – nice steak place, grill your own. What a way to end a perfect (if wet) day




No comments: