Sunday, July 14, 2013

At Home in Gatesville (for awhile!)


The trip from Rockport to Gatesville was uneventful.   It is going to take the two new pups (Amber and Brooke) some time to get used to the trailer.  They haven’t been travelers all of their lives like Li’lBit and Holly!   Amber has her momma’s personality and is as laid back as Li’lBit, but then there is Brooke – there isn’t enough room in the trailer for the Chihuahua part of that dog!

It was good to pull into ‘my spot’ at the RV park.  Of course, Fred was there to help me get unhitched and utilities hooked up.   He is a gem!   As soon as I was unhitched and plugged in and the A/C on for the critters, I was out to Johnnies for coffee!   All is well with the world!

First thing the following morning I was on the phone arranging vet appointments and an appointment at the Dodge dealer for my A/C and the trucks “well baby’ check up.   Also needed a trip to the Verizon store since my phone had all but died.   My stay in Gatesville can be the most costly part of my summer travels!   All of the critters get their shots and vet care (some in May; some in Oct).  The truck always goes in for a checkup.  My standard line to the service guys is, “Imagine you are going to put your li’l ol’ grannie in that truck and send her off on a trip.”   They do take care of me quite well.

There was one minor problem this time – I ended up spending the entire day at the Dodge dealer waiting room – good thing they have a good TV!  I had a book, but if I’d known it was going to take all day, I’d have asked them to take me home.  We kept waiting for delivery of a part – it’s gonna be here in an hour; well, it’s gonna be here in an hour or so……..then, once the part was installed, they had to take the truck to another dealer to put it on some sort of machine!  Oh, Please, save me – sounds like my recent medical care!

Managed to get in several lunches and visits with Brenda, Dairy Queen with Brenda, her nieces and her sister, lunch with Donna and Robert in Copperas Cove, lunch with Mary Jane, lunch with Cindy, BBQ with Michael….. do you kinda get the picture – good food, good friends, good times!   All of this and dinner every Sunday with Johnnie and her family and coffee just about every day at Johnnies.  Oh, how I do miss the folks in Gatesville!

It was graduation day for Samantha and Caden…..can’t believe they are finished with high school!  Makes me feel old when I realize I’ve known Samantha since grade school and Caden since he came home from the hospital as a baby!   Two great kids!  Samantha will be off to college in the fall and Caden leaves for the Army in August.

No comments: