Wednesday, November 18, 2009

October 27 - 31

Woke up Tuesday Oct 27 to 48 degrees. At least the sun was out! Sarah and Bill were leaving for Midland, so spent some time outside talking with them. Sure hope our paths cross in Rockport.

Always like to stop by the bank and talk to Joy, the personal banker that set me up on the banking program I have. Just like to say thanks and keep my face in her brain!

Brenda bought lunch at the Italian place. They are just starting to sell pizzas and had a pizza buffet set up with ‘samples.’ While I was waiting for Brenda, I pigged out on pizza samples, so just ordered their lunch special pasta sampler and a box to go! Pasta and sauces are always much better after they set awhile and it was just perfect at supper time!

Picked up enough veggies and stuff to make several different soups while I'm here - then I don't have to do much cooking!

Going out to have coffee with Johnnie about 5PM. Still working on that Johnnie and Caffeine fix I need while I’m in town! Bobbie's dad isn't doing well. He is 98 years old and in the nursing home here at the hospital. Bobbie, Sammie or Johnny (Bobbie's brother Johnny) have been staying with him, taking turns around the clock. .

On Wednesday, I went to Taylor to meet Andrea for lunch at Whataburger – you haven’t tasted a really good fast-food hamburger until you get a real Whataburger in Texas! Picked up some seafood at the fish market in HEB while I was there.

Coming back to town, I stopped at Sunbelt RV in Belton to pick up some supplies.
Got the screen door protectors and some register covers that can be closed.
The ones in here now cannot be closed. Don't need the one in the bedroom and bathroom open all of the time. Spent some time chatting with Wayne and Vickie about the new RV. Couldn't find any hand rails.

THURSDAY OCT 29 started with a horrible storm. Wind and Rain. I sure do notice the winds more with this RV setting taller and with the three slides! Under flash flood warnings for the day and the storms continued on and off.

I put some chicken in the crockpot with vegetables. I love that crockpot! A pot of chicken vegetable soup will last for a couple of days. When I get down to the broth and a little chicken left, I toss in the noodles and stretch it for another day! By the time the chicken cooks for a day or so, the bones are soft enough that Holly and Li'lBit think they have a special treat!

I've come to the conclusion that central TX is not the place for me. If it wasn't for Johnnie, Mary Jane, Brenda, Cindy and a few other folks, I wouldn't come back. Already have problems breathing and my right eye is bothering me. I'm using the drops more often. The 'bother' is probably from the same allergies that cause the lungs to crap up. I'm not having the pain, just the irritation and keep trying to keep it closed like I did before. Been working on that pantry and the more I try to clean it up, the more crowded it gets!!!

Friday Oct 30 was 55 degrees -- don't know where the sun is! Not supposed to rain until tonite and tomorrow - then flood warnings! YIPPEE! Back in TX!

Bea is starting to get more of my mail since I used her address when I bought the RV. Most of the stuff coming will probably be junk mail since I also used her address for a 'shipping' address and insurance/retirement stuff. stuff. I don't have room for "stuff" but I like to look!

FRIDAY OCT 30 Didn't crawl out of bed until 8 AM. The cold front came thru last nite brought lots of winds so it was a good morning to crawl back under the comforter with Holly and Li’lBit!

I fell earlier I the week; the falls are becoming more frequent. Knee held up to the laundry and Johnnie's. Of course there isn’t much pressure on the knee drinking coffee with Johnnie!

Saturday, Oct 31 -- Happy Halloween!

No comments: