Thursday, July 31, 2008

Reflecting on Spring in Gatesville - March/April/May

PART 3 OF 6

There was still so much stuff left at the house that I hadn't found a place for - either in the RV or with GoodWill or with Friends! (What are Friends For?)

Some of the bird cages found their way to Houston when Christine came up for a visit. I sure missed Lenore, another 'bird friend' and Christine's running buddy. Christine and Lenore would make periodic road trips up to Gatesville to visit. I miss that! But it was great seeing Christine and having time for a visit. And, I do appreciate her taking some of those flight cages. I also have some smaller cages that I think Jan can use for her cockatiels, so Brenda helped me load them up and they were dropped off at Jan's on one of my trips to Temple for VA apppointments. I just hate tossing stuff out if someone can use it! The creed of a confirmed pack rat!

Johnnie still has an old record player so she can play the old 33 1/3 & 45 RPM records I have. I also dropped my old army fatigues and some field gear out there -- I know the older grandsons can use some of them for their paint ball games. Don't you just know people hated to see me walking to their door with a box or a bag in my hands!

The time finally arrived when I decided anything left in the house could just set there and ROT!! I was NOT going back! Brenda and her dad came into town with the trailer and hauled off some of the furniture and stuff that was left. Ya know, you just can't beat good friends! I could not have done this without all of these great people.

At the bottom of one of the boxes of 'unsorted' stuff hauled to the RV was a plastic bag with gold and silver chains. They had just been dumped into the bag (probably when I sold the jewelry box at the yard sale) - anyway, the aren't anything valuable, but I have no idea how many hours I spent at the table in the RV trying to untangle those things! Eventaully I mastered the de-tangling task!

It was getting closer to the time for me to leave central Texas and the house still hadn't sold. Someone stole the For Sale sign! Virginia said the police found it at the bottom of the swimming pool in town! GEEZ, some people need to get a life!

The week before I left, the people at Whole House Properties decided they would take the house on as a rehab and flip project. So it is with a lighter heart and one less worry that I would be leaving town with the house on a Promissory Note! YIPPEE - should have the $$$ in the fall when I return to Gatesville for my medical appointments.

No comments: