Sunday, April 18, 2010

April 14 – 17 Ready to Roll!

Holly has an ‘emotional’ thing about the slides coming in. The minute she hears the grinding and feels the floors move, she runs and hides. And her favorite hiding spot is under the bed down near the hydraulic mechanism that pulls the slides in…not a good place! So, to avoid having to search for her or risk her getting squished in the mechanism, I shut her in the shower. Evidentially the door didn't latch. After the slides were in, Holly was missing!

An hour later, I still couldn’t find Holly; hope the damn cat isn't squished somewhere. Later that evening she came out, she was in the back of the closet. She must have pulled it open some way. After that, the closet door was closed, latched, secured with tape and pillows were stuffed in her openings under the bed!

THURSDAY APRIL 15 TAX DAY…6:50 AM, drizzle, cloudy, humid; rain on and off all nite. Once the sun tried to appear through the overcast sky, I was on the road.

My trip was uneventful. I didn't get lost or make the wrong turns (except going around Victoria and I make that same mistake every time just 'cuz I'm not over in the right lane quick enough!) I no longer consider that missed exit a 'mistake' since I know where the next turn around is!

Pulled into Gatesville about 2:30, the weather wasn't bad, but predicted to get worse the next day. Fred, one of the guys that lives here permanently, helped me unhitch. The park here is pull thru, so I can do it myself if I have to. Unhitching isn't my problem. Backing in and hitching up is!

I'm not unpacking too much since I'll be heading to Iowa May 24. While here, I’m not in the RV a lot and I don't do a lot of cooking, mostly soups and eating out with friends. There is lots of 'catching up' to do with gossip and coffee drinking and lunches, etc.

The weather has been cold/rainy/dreary! I sure hope this wintery stuff gets out of the way! I'm ready for some warm and dry!

FRIDAY, 62 degrees, windy, rainy, sounds like a repeat of Rockport! I busied myself unpacking and straightening up enough that I could get Tinga back in her home and Li'lBit and Holly could get to their beds and food bowls!

Brenda came by with TWO WalMart plastic shopping bags full of mail!

The TV is set up. I'm on antenna here so needed to reacquaint myself with the converter box. Hopefully I'll remember how to do it when I get to Marshalltown!

SATURDAY confession time! I got so busy cleaning up, I deleted all of my emails! What a mess I made of that! Email had been piling up for several days, nearly a week, since I'd been packing and on the road. I guess if I miss anything important, someone will let me know.

No comments: