Saturday, April 10, 2010

April 4-10, LAST ENTRY FROM ROCKPORT

April 4 – Sunday HAPPY EASTER Kicked back and worked on my check lists, pulled out the packing stuff from the under compartment. Time to start getting organized about this move. Put a half-ham in the oven. Made hard boiled eggs yesterday – NO, I didn’t color them! But they sure tasted good for breakfast, creamed eggs on toast. I had some left over crumbled sausage to stir in – yummy!

Easter Monday. This was Dyngus Day! I’m always looking for a reason to celebrate! Its history dates back to 966 A.D. Originally, a trick-or-treating type of day, celebrations often rival St. Patrick's Day for drinking and merriment. It's meant to be a fun, light-hearted holiday following the seriousness of Lent. Also called Wet Monday, the tradition dictates that men soak females by tossing water on them or hit them with switches of pussy willows.(That sounds like FUN!!) Women get their revenge on Tuesday by throwing eggs! WHEW! That could get down right smelly!

Jeannette and her husband left today, northbound to Nebraska. Glad I said good-bye yesterday, they were gone by the time I took Li'lBit out at 7:30! And I didn't even hear them leave! Must be getting used to big-bad-diesel trucks movin' on!

Wandering around Facebook looking for ‘friends’, two 'friends suggestions' in a row were friends that have recently passed away! Nicha Cox and Leslie Gillis! Unbelievable! Kinda gave me the 'shivers' to have both of them appear at the same time! Guess they are trying to tell me something! I should probably be a more attentive listener.

The tree pollen is starting to catch up with me! Everything is covered with yellow pollen; the truck is sticky. Really need to get it to the truck washed.

Have plenty of the ham left for sandwiches. The bone went into the crock pot with dried peas and sure smells good.

Started taking stuff down from the walls and packing it away. I’m getting an early enough start I should be able to clean as I go. Usually I put off the packing until I’m too rushed to clean first! I'm such a procrastinator!

Not much breeze and in the 80s. Watered plants in the AM. They tend to dry so rapidly in the wind we have had for the last few days. Went into town and made an appointment to have the tire place air up my dually tires. I hate getting down on my hands and knees, prying off the hubcaps so I can reach the inner tire. I'll pay to have someone do that job! Guess that is one of the benefits of having worked all my life – so I could retire and pay for a few little luxuries!

TUESDAY I watched Ruth and Walter pack up; they head back to Maine Wednesday morning. I’m really gonna miss them!

Elke emailed; going to the Butter Churn in Aranasas Pass Wednesday nite. It's a 'home cookin' buffet type place. There's always something good to eat and plenty of it. http://www.butterchurnrestaurant.com/

My tire appointment is in the afternoon just before I meet them for dinner. The tire place is just down the road from them, so that will be convenient.

WEDNESDAY Busy Morning; Rick and Diane headed back to Michigan and Walter and Ruth headed back to Maine. There is just one motor home between me and the end of the street on this side and only three on the other side! I'm beginning to feel I'm the last dog hung around here. The park is really empty! Have another one leaving tomorrow and a bunch leaving during the rest of the week. I may have to hitch up myself! Hopefully, I'll have everything packed and the slides in on the 14th so all I'll have to do is unplug the electric, hitch up and put the jacks up on the 15th. That way, whenever anyone can come to help, I'll be ready! I kinda hate to leave this weather, it finally got nice!!!



Headed to the Chrysler/Plymoth dealer in Aransas Pass to get my tail light fixed. Ruth told me she had noticed my brake lights didn't work. On my way, I drove by a NAPA autoparts places with service bay. Figured that would probably be cheaper than the dealer so whipped in. It was just about noon and they told me to come back at 1:00. Then they decided as long as it was just one bulb, they would do it before lunch. When I asked how much, he said $5.00. Service with a smile! And it sure beat having to pull that whole tail light assemblly out and get to the bulb. Why in the world have they made everything so difficult!

Back in Rockport to the tire place but it was closed for lunch. Wandered around Castaways, didn't find anything I couldn't live without! Went back to the tire place, took me right in. While setting there waiting with my nose in a book, Deryl & Elke came in, they had their motor home in there for service.

As usual, it was a great time with Deryl & Elke. Got to their place early so we chatted for awhile, then went to the Butter Churn. I had gobs of good salads from their salad bar, then finished the meal off with a sirloin, some rice and mushroom gravy!

Weather front came thru and it was raining and really humid by the time I got back from dinner. At least there is a breeze. Breeze? It's a damn WIND!

THURSDAY started at 54 degrees 15 mph winds with gusts to 30, the sun is out and wasn't foggy for the first time in a few days. I did turn on the furnace for awhile to get some of the humidity and chill out. Where did spring go????

Cleaned up my old Acer laptop getting it ready for the trip back to Gatesville! Of course, I probably won't be using it, if I get in early enough I'll be able to set up the desk top 'puter. I really do like the desk top, THANK YOU ROBERT! Laptops are nice, but I'm so klutzy, I like a real keyboard and mouse!

Found a bunch of stuff on the Acer that I won't be using as long as I have the 'big' computer so I got busy saving to disk. That cleared up a bunch of hard drive space. Spent the rest of the day watching a scan and defrag plug along but finally got that taken care of and got me a little speed back.

Friday, 55 degrees, sunny, not too windy. A week from today I should be waking up in Gatesville!

Saturday I put my nose and elbow grease into packing. Refrigerator got cleaned, recliners are moved, must to the dismay of Holly and Li’l Bit. They can still get to them, just takes some maneuvering and jumping!

Dick and Lucille left today, headed back to Michigan. He was so much help to me this winter and I really enjoyed getting to know Lucille. Look forward to seeing them next winter.

Next blog entry should be coming from Gatesville TX
Good Lord Willin' and the Creek Don't Rise!

No comments: