Tuesday, April 6, 2010

March 28 - April 3 - The Park is Thinning Out!

March 28th it was 54 degrees when I got up. Took Li'lBit out and noticed everyone gathering down by Rocky & Carol's RV; they were hitching up to leave today, heading back to Michigan. Hopefully these folks that are leaving will be back next year. Will be nice to see them again and catch up on the year’s happenings. Mimi, the lady on the street behind me left today also. Her RV is permanently here. She goes somewhere up east. Don’t blame her for wanting to get out of the Texas Heat for the summer!

I wanted to get one of those larger folding lawn chairs. Ruth & Walter have a couple and they are really comfortable - have a little 'lumbar' pillow and a WIDE seat! Didn't have them at the WalMart here but they called and found them in Aransas Pass, about 15 miles south of here. Li'lBit and I headed to Aransas Pass. NICE Wally World! Half again as big as the one here, a Lowe's hardware across the intersection and a Tractor Supply down the road! I'm in Hog Heaven!

While there I picked up an air compressor for my RV tires. So much for all of my Wally World gift cards! But sure was nice having them!

Li'lBit and I stopped at DQ for a blizzard and then came home. 75 degrees, kinda windy, but warm in the sun. Weather has been great and Li'lBit and I have been outside most of the time.

Rain and Sid moved on again and are settled for a week. It’s nice to hear when they arrive safely. I'm really getting hitch itch and gotta get outta here! I'm paid up until Apr 15 but the way RVers are pulling out, I hope there is someone around to help me hitch up!

Deryl & Elke are back from their trip out west. Had some illness problems along the way! Isn't that the way it is when you’re on vacation! They brought some home-canned smoked salmon from his sister and gave me one of the jars...WOW! Is it good! I mixed it with mayonnaise ala tuna salad -- yummy! Deryl said it is even better if you mix it with sandwich spread!

On MONDAY morning Li'lBit watered the grass while I watered the hanging baskets, and waved good-bye to Bob and Gelene - headed back to Iowa.

While trying to figure out how to put my air compressor together and Dick, from next door, come over with tools and did it for me. He has one just like it so suggested I go to ACE hardware and get a couple extra pieces, just to make it easier to hook it up to the tires, etc. Off To ACE! I really wouldn't be RVing like this if it wasn't for the super folks that are my neighbors!

Thermometer said it was 77 degrees but felt more like 87 degrees! Very little wind and the sun is high and hot! YIPPEE! This is why I'm here

TUESDAY morning everyone was down at Marv & Bev's place. They were heading back to Michigan. Marv is the one that backs me in and makes sure my tires are ready to go! Guess I’ll have to find someone else to help me out this spring.

Elke emailed first thing in the morning, they wanted to go to Pepitos, so it was Lunch bunch at 11:30 and Pepitos at 5PM. Lunch Bunch was to meet at JDs only to find it was closed for repairs! Seems to be our lunch bunch luck lately, picking a place to meet only to find it down for repairs. Maybe we are a jinx to restaurants. Ended up coming back into town and chowing down at Panjo's Pizza -- pizza, subs, pasta, salads. We decided to try to get one more lunch bunch G2G in before I leave. Roberta is here except for a few months in the summer and Dan is going to spend most of the summer here, skip out for a short road trip in the fall. Jim heads back to Oregon the first of May. Roberta and Dan have joined a Winter Texans single seniors group. They get together a couple of times a month for activities. I told them to check it out and if it isn't a dating service or a 'meat market' I might have to look into it next winter.

Pepitos with Deryl & Elke means the veggie quesadilla, I love that thing! Eat the rice, beans and the salad and bring the quesadilla home. I'm getting really good at making two meals out of one. So many places give so much more than I can eat in one setting, especially when visiting with friends. Seems I tend to visit more than eat!

Stopped in the office to pay my electric and still had money 'on credit'! They are planning an early Lady's Lunch for Wednesday. Going to The Beach House. Our “lunch bunch’ met there awhile back for lunch. Nice sandwich/salad place.

WEDNESDAY, the end of March! Weather man said it was to be really windy last nite and today so I took the hanging baskets down. Nice day, not too much wind, 76 degrees.

I brought tonite’s supper home with me! I had the combination salad plate at The Beach House. It was a huge plate, 1/3 of the plate piled with over a cup of chicken salad, 1/3 piled with well over a cup of freshly diced fruit, and the other 1/3 was piled with a huge mixed greens salad with slice olives, carrots, tomatoes, etc. WHEW! I ate the greens and the fruit and brought the chicken salad home. There was enough chicken in it to make some chicken salad for sandwiches.

I find it so amazing how many people I have met on line and RVing and how often something comes up where we find out just how small the world is. What is the human web? 6 degrees of separation. If a person is one step away from each person they know and two steps away from each person who is known to the people they know, then everyone is at most six steps away from any other person on Earth. And I'm beginning to think that is true! For a couple of weeks I have been thinking about the Esh family, the Mennonite family that was killed in a traffic accident while traveling to Iowa for a wedding. And today, an email friend sends me a YouTube of the family singing. She said she had met the family when they built some of their out-buildings. Amazing voices: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEfHSXZJX_E#watch-main-area
On Thursday an Easter Box arrived from my sister. She is the “holiday person’ – never forgets a holiday. Cute cup filled with candy – just what I need!

FRIDAY APRIL 2 was 70 degrees at 8AM, sunny, breezy. A great day to be outside and that is where I spent it!

Really foggy and damp, heavy air on Saturday. I have both the dehumidifier AND the A/C running so you know I’m suffering with this “bad air” day! Good day for staying in and getting all of my check lists, packing lists, etc copied and put together. The packing has officially started!

Did the laundry routine on Saturday this week. Not many folks left in the park to take up all of the machines. I'm feeling closer to 'moving day' - started packing away odds and ends and arranging the 'stuff' in my undercompartments.

No comments: