Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Down to the Wire - Moving Day Ahead May 15 - 21

Down to the last week before I pull out. Still have appointments and some odds and ends to tidy up. Sunday was Lunch at Johnnie's and Dairy Queen with Brenda and the girls. I cannot believe how the girls have changed. Candace is Momma to little Gabriel, Courtney graduated from high school, Samantha is old enough to take a job away from home at a summer camp for part of the summer and Cassandra has become a young lady -- and all of this over night! They grow too fast!

Monday was medical appointment day at VA in Temple. AM lab and my last appointment at 3:30. That just about ties up the entire day! My lab was good. Blood sugar was a little high but I had eaten a bowl of oatmeal before I drove over. They weren't to draw my lab until after 11 AM and they called in at 9:30. OOPS! Cholesteral was good, thyroid a little outta whack, but it always is. Meds were renewed and I waited to pick them up since I would be heading north on Monday. It is such a hassle for Brenda to ship them on to me. She cannot just forward them, something about the way they are packaged and labeled. She has to unpack the meds and put them in a different box and then mail them. Just too much work and effort to ask her to do that.

Tuesday I had an early lunch with Cindy and Mary Jane. Just can't beat Swindall's - especially when they have their berry cobbler!

Wednesday, sunny, breezy, 70 degrees. According to the weatherman the storms were to stay north of us. Poor Oklahoma! I picked up 4 tanks of oxygen while in Waco. Stopped at Good Will to see if there was anything I just couldn't live without -- there wasn't! But I did buy a couple of books. Have to buy SOMETHING! I love Good Will!

Ran around Waco and McGregor looking for spice bottles. I found the neatest spice rack at a garage sale and cannot find any bottles to fit it. Guess that is why they were selling it. When I get to Iowa, I'll have my sister run me to Penzy's Spices in Des Moines. Maybe I'll find something there. Would be as lot cheaper if I could find them in a junk store, dollar store or Good Will!

Another box is heading to my sister's address. I think that makes three. I ordered some sample packs of dehydrated vegetables, vegetable protein bits, soups, etc. If they aren't too pricey and they work out for me, I may not have to go to the grocery so much. Sure will be a lot lighter weight and easier to store than cans. Also found the flags I need for my holder on line and of course, had to order a couple more books. While in Iowa, my sister's address is my 'pick up' point.

On Thursday my truck tires were checked and rotated at Gatesville Tire. Orville and his crew really take good care of me, the truck and the RV! While out, took my shopping bag of laundry (I use that instead of a laundry basket - just call me a bag lady!) and did up all the odds and ends of laundry. Now I will live out of the shopping bag until I get to Iowa.

Placed a call to Pioneer RV Park in Guthrie OK for reservations for Monday night. I wanted to make sure they had not blown away. Also called Homewood RV park in Homewood KS to make sure they were still there after all of the storms.

All of a sudden, it was Friday the 21st and I wasn't getting packed up very fast. The heat and humidity had me sweating like a stuck hog! Then, while at the bank, going through the drive up teller, I creamed the dually fender-skirt on the passenger side. It will be OK until I get to Iowa. Will have it taken care of us there - damn drive throughs!

No comments: