Tuesday, December 13, 2011

November 7 - 13 Just another week in paradise!

Monday Nov 7 75 degrees - didn't crawl out of bed until nearly 8AM. Had some problems with coughing and sneezing the nite before so decided to take an allergy pill before I went to bed! Maybe I need to do that more often! I don't even remember waking up during the nite! Of course, I woke up so 'groggy' I needed an extra pot of coffee just to get going! Went into WalMart to get my RX and they didn't have them all-- so I got to go back to WallyWorld! Lucky Me!

I called the RV park in Gatesville and made reservations from Nov 17 until the Monday after Thanksgiving so I can have Thanksgiving with Johnnie and her family. And I do miss her coffee and our visits!

Monday nite was the Reprise from the ‘welcome back’ dinner - left over potato salad, puddings, brisket sandwiches and beans. Stuff is always better the second time around! I managed to WALK up to the activity bldg without walker or oxygen. As long as there are some empty spaces, I stop 1/2 way and take a breather at the picnic table. It's not quite so bad coming back since it is down hill! It isn't much of a hill, but I notice it!

Several rigs a day are coming in - the flock is flocking!

Went into town Tuesday to pick up meds...the saga continued! Stopped to pick up some veggies for soup in the crock pot, went to see Deryl & Elke and arrange for them to help me hitch up on the 17th for my trip to Gatesville. Meds weren't ready at WalMart, told me after 1PM! Went to HuDat's for one of their combo lunch specials; brought home enough for a couple more meals! Went back to Walmart, their med courier had not gotten in yet! So I got to make another trip to WalMart on Wednesday! This is really getting old! I decided to call before I made another trip!

Wed 9th 63 degrees sunny, WINDY! Winds 20 mph gusting to 40! High went into the upper 60s, then all down hill for a couple of days. Got a pot of veg-beef soup in the crock pot so I'm ready for the cold!

Definitely considering changing pharmacies – too much of a hassle at WalMart. Wednesday they only had 1 of the three ordered! Next time I'll ask HOW many Rx are ready instead of just saying are my prescriptions ready.

This past summer they wouldn't fill my finger stick strips - something about the RX being out of state - but it sure didn't make any difference on the others. They only filled my RX by the month so when I got back down here, I had 2 months remaining on the prescription - but the WalMart down here couldn't fill it down here 'cuz it was last filled in Iowa and "Iowa owed me the rest of them!" This is the first time I've had so many 'goof ups' in a row - Iowa and here.

Out of bed at 6AM Thursday to get my beans going for the pot luck tonite! REAL baked beans! I gotta make my baked beans before Dick and Lucille get here from Michigan – Lucille makes beans ‘to die for’ and I definitely don’t want mine setting on the table next to hers!

Didn't get down to the 40s - woke up to 54 degrees, sunny but windy. Had some rain during the nite. Not a good soaking rain like we need but after last summer we will take whatever drops we get.

So far no real cold snaps - have only kicked on the furnace for about 30 minutes one morning. That's the way I like it - save that propane!

Can't wait to see my blood sugar in the AM - everything at potluck was pasta, rice or beans! Oh, and I had caramel apple bar for dessert - but I passed on the whip cream!

A pleasant surprise on wake-up Friday. The weather man had predicted lower 40s or upper 30's and 'possibly' some frost on the punkin in the outlying areas. Aahhhhh....53 sunny degrees seemed so pleasant! Even Li'lBit was eager to go out and she doesn't like the cold!

Friday was Veterans Day and I didn’t accomplish a darn thing except set on my butt and watch TV. The movie Patton was on followed by The Longest Day and then my favorite war movie Tora Tora Tora! Just a real couch potato! Did manage to get some cabbage/beef soup made. AND, got my black water tank emptied without any problems. Whatever had it 'plugged' is evidently gone or at least out of the way! Started with the heat going in the AM to warm the place up and by noon I had the door open! Welcome to the TX gulf coast!

The park hosted the Aransas County Tea Party rally at the activity bldg Saturday. A local radio preacher and the local congressman were the speakers. Nice, polite, attentive bunch until three Cain supporters came in intent on raising a "little cain." Don’t know why they had such heartache with what was going on, afterall, Cain is conservative. But some folks just need their 15 minutes of fame!

Saturday and WalMart STILL didn’t have all of my meds. I bet next time I order everything a month early!

Sunday 13th – Church, laundry, clean out the truck so I can get it loaded Wednesday afternoon.

No comments: