Wednesday, August 12, 2009

WHEW! Time Flies

Here we are in the middle of August!! I can't believe it. I've been here in Iowa since the end of May - the weather has been great (compared to what my friends in Texas are living through!) -- so I won't complain about having to use a space heater to take the 'chill off' on a few mornings in June and July -- and I won't complain that I still have my long-sleeved flannel shirt hanging by my chair -- Just In Case I Need It!!

I've had a few days of putting up with my muscles and joints not wanting to work together so spent some time in bed...but all seems to be getting back in sync now!

Last week I went over to Otter Creek Park in Tama County to visit with some RVing friends -- ladies I met over the internet and had the pleasure of visiting with about a month ago. It was nice to see them again -- and oh, what a delightful county park! Wooded, lake, cool breeze....I didn't want to leave -- comfortable place, good friends, great conversation!

Have had a couple of stormy nights the past week -- one came through just south of here. The winds ripped up some trees in my sister's friend's place -- fortunately we were on the north end of that 'goodie.' Then a couple of days ago another came through to the north. The county north of here had horrible hail and wind damage -- crops have been ruined, hail the size of baseballs -- it looks like a disaster area. Again, just skimmed by and I sat here in the wind and rain on the south end of the major damage.

BUT -- evidentially I didn't find and seal that water leak 'cuz I have damp carpeting AGAIN!

No comments: