Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2009 Comes To An End

About 9AM Monday, the 28th, Sid and Rain pulled out, headed to Del Rio. Sid got a lot of things done around here for me and told me the guarantee lasted until I saw his tail lights turning onto the highway! Now I look out my window and my heart aches! It's empty over there!

Tuesday the 29th started out at 44 degrees, dreary and damp. It wouldn’t get much warmer as the cold front came barreling thru with a couple days of rain! As the front came through it brought more than cold damp weather. I plugged up, stuffed up and had a sore throat.

No Tuesday morning ladies coffee for me. I just stay inside, feel sorry for myself, take my medicine and stay warm! My fear, when the congestion starts, is that it will drop into the lungs and my poor lungs just can’t handle pneumonia. The remainder of December and New Year’s Eve were spent huddled up with blankets, hot tea and my nebulizer!

Rain emailed saying they made it. It’s always good to hear friends arrived at their destination safe and sound. We all tend to worry some for each other as we hit the road.

I did make Johnnie Wiliams’ black-eyed pea salad for New Years Day. Tinga decdided to help and landed on the side of the bowl, grabbed a pea and said, "uuummmm." Crazy bird.

And, I couldn’t pass up an invite to Deryl & Elke's for shrimp. He used a Cajun seasoning - that sure cleared out the sinuses!

No comments: