Saturday, January 16, 2010

January 11 - 16

Monday started at 39 degrees -- no wind -- sun shining! YIPPEE!
Monday night was the baked potato/soup supper. Ruth made french onion soup!
YUMMY supper! Must have been 20 soups there and no two alike! Tomorrow at the ladies coffee some of them will bring their recipes. I want the potato/squash soup, the wild rice soup and Allison’s cold watermelon soup! That would be really great for a summer lunch get-together!

Made it to 52 degrees on Tuesday. The 60s were predicted but didn’t quite make it. I didn’t have to meet the propane guy today. He might think I don’t like him anymore! Ladies coffee is a regular event on Tuesday morning.

Wednesday was Wine in a Sock night. I woke up really plugged and congested. Probably due to that damn front coming through that was going to bring us 3-5 inches of RAIN! A few more inches and the gulf will be at my front door! Just when I thought we couldn’t get much more rain, the weatherman predicted 5 – 10 inches,then changed it to “near 12 inches in some areas.’ Wonder if he meant MY area!

Started a pot of vegetable soup and cut up the last of the brauts I brought from Iowa. I have one piece of pork loin left from summer in Iowa – then all of my Iowa beef and pork is gone. Will just have to suffer ‘til I get back there in May.

The heavier rains started on Thursday. When I went out to switch propane tanks, there was a clearing in the sky over the gulf, so decided to head over to do the laundry before the rains came. Never quite made it to the 60s, the air was chilly and damp. Have had the dehumidifier going for days. Just can’t seem to get over this congestion and, not wanting it to go to the lungs, I took a pass on Wine in a Sock night. Gotta get better to I can do lunch at Charlotte Plummers Friday. I will also pass on Friendship supper tonight. Been looking forward to fried oysters at Charlotte Plummers, can't miss that!

When the rains finally got here, they were pounding gully-washers. If there had been some winds, I would have looked for an out-of-season hurricane! In all of that pounding rain, not one tiny leak noted anywhere!

A pot of fish soup kept the tummy warm on Thursday. The rains just keep coming. I wonder if Allison will raise the lot rental since we will soon be waterfront property!!

Friday AM brought 15-20 mph winds gusting to 35-40mph. At least we weren’t freezing! AND - Still no leaks found! Finally made it to Charlotte Plummers for the long-awaited plate of fried oysters. Life is Good!

No comments: