Saturday, August 14, 2010

August 9 - 14 -- UGH!

What an absolutely miserable, hot, humid, sticky week! Started out on Monday when my friends left and headed back to TX. I really miss them. Heard they made it back home safe and sound. Can't wait 'til I get to Rockport in November to see them!

I forgot to put Tinga in her cage before I went to bed. She usually goes in and goes into her little sleeping hut when it starts getting dark; I just forgot to close the door. Guess you know I was more than a little surprised when little Miss Chirpy flew into the bedroom when it started getting light telling me Good Morning, Girl and Step Up! Fortunately she let me know she was out and about so I didn't open the door to let Li'lBit out and have her fly out!

Tuesday, as usual, I headed to the laundromat, then stopped at Wally World for a couple of things. By the time I got home and the laundry and groceries unloaded, I looked like I had run thru a sprinkler! My t-shirt was soaked and my hair was dripping sweat! Makes it a little hard to breathe on days like this! At least I've got a good A/C unit in the RV!


Looking for something to do inside other than play on the computer and read (and cleaning and washing windows was out of the question - both are really needed!) I decided to empty the Trailer Cash bank my sister gave me for Christmas. It was getting full. Been tossing nickles, dimes and pennies in there for not quite a year. Rolled up $35 in change! Not bad for small change.

Tuesday nite Bea and I headed to the Junction with one of her friends. Special was buy one tenderloin sandwich, get one free! That's my kinda meal!


The stormy nites continue. Tuesday nite, the area just south of here got over 7 inches of rain just during the nite. The weather this summer has just been horrible! They said yesterday on TV that this has been the wettest spring/summer on record. I can sure believe that! Even my "Yard Bird," a gift from Cen-Tex Bird Society is hiding under the 5th wheel hitch!

The rain and storms started with gusts of wind over 40 mph - fortunately they came right from the west across that corn field so I didn't get a lot of rock'n'roll in the RV. Then came the RAIN! One of the bug candle buckets on my picnic table was FULL of water in the morning! There wasn't much candle left in it, so it was nearly all water. That's a lot of RAIN!

Knowing there were to be storms, I went to sleep with the radio on to a local radio station. They cancelled their regular programming and only gave road closings, river and creeks levels. This rain just will not go away! By Wednesday AM roads were closing, rivers and creeks were spreading across roads and fields. The highways going to Ames were underwater and they closed portions of I-35.

Thursday night Bea and I headed to Perkins for supper. Love their Over 55 selections! Just too hot for me to do much cooking in this tin can!

I did it again! Opened the door to let Lil'Bit out; felt the blast of hot humid air in my face and just stood in the doorway watching her do her thing. Of course the door was wide open and there I stood when I heard Tinga squawk! I had forgotten to shut her cage door and she was out all nite AGAIN! It's a wonder she didn't head for the door while it was open! I think I'm going to have to come up with some sort of reminder! That's twice this week! I'm really gonna be upset sumthun fierce if she gets out.

Friday Bea and I used our coupons for chicken dinner at Haley's Deli. Kathy joined us. Haven't seen much of her this summer; nice to visit with her.
I had hoped to head to Tama to the Pow Wow but the humidity/heat was stifling. Maybe Saturday or Sunday. Cool front should be coming! Don't hold your breath!

1 comment:

Roadrunner said...

You naughty girl! Your recipes always make me so hungry! Don't you know I am trying to lose weight? Love them, keep it up. Theresa