Friday, December 17, 2010

November 1- 15, Gatesville TX

By the first part of November I was in full-swing getting my fall errands run and my ‘gotta do’ list shortened. I had to have my truck re-inspected due to the window tint being too heavy (new state law). After a trip to Aloha Glass Tinting, I passed the re-inspection. Check off one more job! Oh, and the license plates for the RV are up to date – check off another job!

Tuesday November 2nd was election day – so off to Evant, TX and my polling place. Nice thing about voting in a small town, don’t have to wait in long lines. I think I was number 3 by the time I got there.

Early November temps were colder than I like (or maybe I should say colder than my lungs like!) 45 degrees and rainy – just not my thing. And, for some reason, my furnace doesn’t seem to want to kick in. Decided to wait until I got to Rockport to get it fixed. Two electric space heaters provide plenty of warmth.

As the month went on, the throat got scratchier, lungs more congested, head and sinuses plugged. I think I’m allergic to Gatesville!

Day by day I’m getting my lunch dates in. There are just some folks I really need to have to get into my schedule. And there are places that I have to eat – Ranchers, Swindalls, Pasta place, and the new restaurant in Gatesville….gotta try that out! So I met with Janis and we had their soup and salad special – terrific potato-ham soup. Good food! And I understand they are eventually going to have a meat market in there! YUMMY – hope they have some of that good pan BBQ that I like so well.

Johnnie had a yard sale the first weekend in November – I had wanted to help her with it and take a few of my own things out – but the cold/flu got in the way. Didn’t make the Temple Bird Mart either. Maybe I can get to the spring mart.

I noticed the first time I dumped my holding tanks that I had a major leak in the pipe. Johnnie’s son, Toby, came by and found the leak and repaired it for me! Can’t beat friends like that!

Well into the second week in November and I’m still down with the crud. Even missed a Sunday dinner with Johnnie and her family….and a Sunday Dairy Queen meet with Brenda and the girls. Now, you know I’m down and out when I can’t pull up a chair to Johnnie’s Sunday dinner table or make it to the DQ with Brenda! Even had to cancel a trip to Stevenville to meet with Cindy & Susan at Which Witch.

Although I missed my trip to Stephenville, Cindy dropped by with some beautiful jewelry her daughter had made. I’m going to be the spiffiest lookin’ gal in the RV park! She also brought an absolutely delicious deli sub from Which Witch with sliced turkey, avocado, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, ranch dressing! Can't beat friends like that!

By the 15th of November, was as feeling if I didn’t die from rupturing a blood vessel in the brain from coughing, I was gonna live! If only the weather would cooperate!

No comments: