Monday, December 27, 2010

November 16-30 Settling In; Setting Up

Monday Nov 16 I started sorting and tossing; would be on the road in 2 weeks.
It was definitely getting close to winter. The temp was 41 degrees so I decided to make some "Mexican pick up stix" (munchies) - just an excuse to turn on the oven!
Bobby was here to check the furnace. He pulled a wren nest and dead bird from the furnace fan! But that didn’t seem to fix it. Refuse to pay an RV repair guy $50/hour; will wait until I get to Rockport.

This was a miserable trip back to Gatesville! Takes all the air I have to hit the grocery store -- even having coffee with Johnnie or lunch with friends tires me out. Must be my old age!

Got an email from Rain, they will soon be on the road, heading southeast. Will try to make a stop at Rockport for a couple of days on their way through TX. Would love to see them again!

Missed a chance for a visit with Sherrell, she wasn’t feeling well – take care Dear Friend! See you in the spring!

By Thursday, it was 36 degrees but no wind! Had lunch with Janis. She fixed broccoli/cheese soup, turkey deli sandwiches and cookies. YUMMY!

Have only had a few minutes to talk with Lee & Mary Jane since I’ve been back. I do wish there was more time, but MJ is helping Lee do the estimates so they are on the road a lot. Miss visiting with them.

November 19th we had some excitement in the RV park. About 8:30 or so - flashing red lights behind my truck. An ambulance was taking Ed (owner) to the ER. He had fallen yesterday. Linda called from the ER to say she wasn't sure what they would do. He had fallen a few weeks ago and had been going to physical therapy and on all the standard pain meds and muscle relaxers, etc. She's hoping it was just from the meds, but he couldn't stand by himself and was dizzy when he would get up. The transferred him to Waco and then, prior to the end of the month, to a rehab facility closer to home. I’m glad Buzz and Fred are here in the park to help her.

November 22nd back up to 71 degrees, humid, windy. Supposed to go into the 80s and be this way until Wednesday,then the cold front comes thru with rain, wind and possible freeze. Damn, I love central TX!!!

Thanksgiving Day was spent pigging out at Johnnie’s. What a houseful of family. Got to catch up with her brother and his family and hear about their trip to Ireland. Rudy had his laptop and all of the photos from the trip.

It's been a hectic 6 weeks in central TX -- too many folks to see and didn't manage to get them all seen! So....I'll have to pick up where I left off when I get back to Gatesville in April.

Sunday PM Bobby and Toby came by to hitch me up so I could leave first thing in the AM.

Monday Nov 29 Cloudy, not too windy, heavy air, rain must be on its way.
Turned off the computer, disconnected sewer, electric, water -- off to the tire place and then on the road. Arrived in Rockport about 2:30 to 75 degrees, sunny. Only one hold up coming down, evidentially a bad accident - traffic stopped both directions for over 30 minutes waiting for helicopters to arrive.

BY 4:30 PM, Marv had me backed me in, utilities hooked up, slides out. But what a mess to clean up inside from stuff that tipped over (nothing broken or major). Highway Patrol routed the traffic thru a wooded area to get around the accident, not really any roads, just ruts and trails thru the trees!

Kathy stopped by to remind me that ladies coffee it still at 9AM on Tuesday! Guess unpacking will just have to wait until after coffee!

By Tuesday morning, temps were down to 59 as I was walking up to morning coffee. Glad I wasn’t driving Tuesday, winds 15-30 MPH.

Li'lBit and I went for a short walk and sat at the picnic table for awhile. Li'lBit bounces around outside down here like she does in Iowa. She likes having a lawn and not being parked in gravel.

Park is starting to busy -- all of the "leave-after-thanksgiving" gang have started pulling in with Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota plates. Can't believe with the winds we have had that some of these folks have been towing. They must be better at it than I am! Of course, it might be different when there are two of you so you have a co-pilot!

No comments: