Monday, August 15, 2016

On The Road Again!
Headed north to Iowa for a month-long visit with my sister and a few get-togethers with ol' friends.
This trip is just me and the truck -- I think my towing days are over.

It has been a long year -- All of my traveling companions have left me for the here-after -- loosing 3 dogs and a cat in less than a year made for lots of tears.   But -- fear not -- a new cat came into my life while I was at the Humane Society dropping off my no-longer-needed dog beds and toys.  Walker needs some practice traveling -- I will say no more.  He will be spending the rest of the trip with my friend, Brenda, in central TX.   I'll give her a month to spoil him rotten and then pick him up on the way back to Rockport.

If all goes as planned, I'll spend a week here in central TX visiting friends and getting Walker adjusted to his first time at "summer camp."  Then, the trek will take me up thru Texarkana TX, into Arkansas, Fort Scott, Fayetteville -- the western side of Missouri thru Neosho, Sedalia, Chillicothe and points north into Iowa.

Along the way, I'll renew acquaintances with some Civil War Officers and Soldiers I had the privilege of learning about on my trek up the Jefferson Highway last summer.  It's always nice to run into old friends!

No comments: