Saturday, November 13, 2010

October 15-31 -- catchin' up!

October was moving right along and my 'to do' list didn't seem to be having too much crossed off! So, Monday the 18th was make appointments day! Spring and fall in Gatesville is “housekeeping’ time – catch up on all of the important things – insurance and license plates, vehicle repair (hopefully none needed!), vet appointments, doc appoints, etc! Spent much of the day on the phone getting a ‘workable’ schedule for the appointments! Broke down and turned on the A/C on -- nice breeze but HOT and dusty. Will definitely need the A/C filter cleaned when I get someone to clean the RV this winter!

Tuesday: Truck in by 8AM. As usual, they need the truck for several hours to get everything checked and done. I fill my big thermo-mug, take a good book and wait in waiting area. They have a nice big screen TV and get cable channels. That’s a treat for me!

$450.00 later and the truck is ready for its next trip -- major expense was a storage battery -- the truck was still running on its original battery! Would rather get one here where I know folks than go 'dead' on the road somewhere and really have to pay thru the nose.

Then to the Italian place for shrimp pasta with Brenda and on to Johnnie’s for coffee!

Wednesday AM, off to Waco to pick up oxygen tanks. A trip to Waco also means a stop at a few used books stores and Good Will! Stopped in McGregor at the feed store on the way home. They have a gift shop with some neat stuff. Kinda pricey but really unusual. Picked up a few things for Christmas.

Lee and Mary Jane stopped by for a visit on their way to town. Just love being here and visiting with these folks. They have been friends for so long. I miss them while I’m in Rockport or in Iowa.

Thursday off to Sunbelt RV in Belton for odds and ends of RV replacement stuff. My things to do list is just about complete! WHEW! 88 degrees with a dusty hot breeze. Glad the A/C works! Again lunch with Brenda and coffee with Johnnie – do you see a pattern here?!

Friday, nobody loves me today!!! Brenda bailed on lunch 'cuz her patient load was in Hamilton and Johnnie's not home -- BUMMER! Li'lBit and I will just take a nap!

Went to Copperas Cove and had a really nice lunch with Donna and her son, Robert, on Saturday. German food. I had jagerschnitzel -- great mushroom gravy -- came with red cabbage and a cucumber in sour cream salad. Next time I’m just going to get a plate of spaetzel and gravy to go!!

Meat loaf and pork chops at Johnnie’s on Sunday. She must be able to read my mind! I've had a ‘taste’ for meat loaf for so long and hadn’t made any! And how can an Iowa girl pass up a pork chop! She coated each one lightly with Ranch Salad Dressing mix (the powder) -- then put them in the oven and covered with aluminum foil. Nice flavor and not dry.

Have a new full-time RVer in the park. Single lady,younger than me (aren't most folks!?)-- lots skinnier than me, too! And a really spiffy dresser. She knows Ed & Linda that own the park and I believe she is going to be a semi-permanent resident here.

Monday was do laundry or go naked day! Under a wind warning -- never did get much rain out of the storms that blew the last couple of days. Waco got hit pretty hard and some bad winds south of Fort Worth, but nothing major here.

Tuesday is check the tires on the truck and get my vehicle inspection...didn’t pass the state safety inspection! HUH?? Just had the truck in the shop for its well-baby check up and I cannot pass a safety inspection! New state law about the darkness of the window tint. My driver’s window and front passenger window were too dark! GEEZ! Gotta have the windows stripped! Went to Aloha Glass Tinting here in Gatesville with my sad tale of woe! Truck went in on Thursday.

Received a very sad email notice that a classmate’s husband died suddenly from a stroke. It was so difficult to comprehend – had just spent a couple wonderful days visiting with Judi when I was in Iowa and I could hear her chuckles and laughs when she was talking about things that she and her husband had done.

Appointment for new fingernails on Wednesday. Haven’t seen Chevi since I hit the road – she has her work cut out for her! Nice treat being pampered and visiting with Chevi.

Made a crock pot breakfast. Wouldn't want to serve it to comany, looks kinda messy: hashbrowns, onions, peppers, sausage, cheese with an egg/milk mixture poured all over it and cooked all nite. Really tasty; really ugly in the bowl! Even garnish wouldn't help! But Tinga and I liked it and so did Holly and Li’lBit!

Thursday was window tint day. Had lunch with Brenda, dropped the truck off at Aloha Glass Tinting – Johnnie came by to pick me up – drank coffee at her place until the truck was done. They did a nice job. Tint didn’t seem any lighter to me – but another trip for an inspection would ‘approve!”

While at Johnnie's, I noticed her voters card was blue – hmmmm…mine is orange. Closer look at mine...it expired 2009! Needless to say, when I got home, I started tearing my files and cabinets apart looking for a BLUE voter card. Nothing! Made a note to call Hamilton County Voters office in the AM. Got on line for Sec of State Voters Info -- YES, it shows I was registered -- where's the damn card. Another stumbling block -- but I sure knew I wasn't going to set out this election! The missing card was found in my little strong box with all my insurance papers, birth certificate, social security card, military papers, critters rabies certificates, etc! Guess I knew that little blue card needed some safe keeping! No way a political junky like me was going to set out November 2 mid-term elections! No Way!

Friday 29th down to 39 degrees. Space heater going, hoodie on! Pack up trick or treat goodies for Johnnie’s grandkids and off I go for coffee. Don’t suppose I need to tell anyone that I tend to over-dose on caffeine while I’m here!

The weekend brought Halloween and the Boo-Zaar in Downtown Gatesville. Since the RV park is only one block from town square and one block from the park where the concert was held, it was not a quite evening! At least they break up the festivities by about 10PM. It is fun to watch the youngsters waddling down the street in their costumes. I often wonder how many of them trip over their costumes, fall, and spill their bag of goodies all over the street!

No comments: