Monday, November 8, 2010

September 1 - 15 - Catchin' Up!

Started September with my normal rounds in Marshalltown – first to get the laundry done, then to Wal Mart for a hair cut and pick up odds and ends on my shopping list, then to Good Will to see if they had anything I couldn't live without -- found a nice quiche pan…no, I don’t make quiche often but it’s a nice pan! Then off to Fareway to pick up their meat department specials. Wednesday nite was fried chicken nite at Culvers with my sister and her friend Marilyn.

The baby wrens fledged. Had 5 itsy bitsy wren-like birds in my bird feeder. I didn't think they had that many babies -- need to refill the feeder.

Friends stopped by on Saturday and visited the Big Tree House. Always love a good visit!

The vast variety of pollens in Iowa this fall (things evidentially grew quite well with all the spring rains!) have knocked me for a loop! Have spent a few days in bed thinking I was dying and almost wishing I would! Well, not QUITE that bad, but I didn't do much other than let Lil'Bit out to do her thing, feed and water the critters and crawl back to bed with my oxygen and my laptop.

I'll have to admit, I kinda 'baby' myself. I don't have to get up, get dressed and get going anywhere, so I tend to the morning chores for the critters, get the coffee pot going and head right back to bed with my bottles of pills!

Glad I stocked up on soup mixes while I was in Kalona awhile back. It is a lot easier 'just adding water' to their mixes than making my own! Planned on heading back to pick up some more before I move back to TX next month.

Sunday Sept 6th my coffee pot DIED! Oh, No! Glad I still have the old percolator for the stove! I don't quite have the energy to go into town and look for another right now. If my crock pot dies, I'm really in trouble and I'll find the energy!

I've been cleared by the eye doc. Went to WalMart to pick up the Rx. One of my eye drops is up to $85 - thank God for insurance!! Actually, when I got home and compared it to my last bottle, it's a 10 ml bottle instead of 5 ml so the price increase isn’t quite so bad!

Bea came by with some friends and took one of my recliners; I certainly didn’t need THREE! Rearranged the living area, moved the bird cage and the pub table. It’s amazing how much more ‘open’ the room feels with the bird cage out of the center!

1 comment:

alyup said...

Great to see you back. I've missed your posts and your great recipes.