Monday, November 8, 2010

WOW! Have I been BAD!

Way behind – so here’s the “Cliff Note” version of the end of August.

The truck went in to get the dings taken out – the body shop in Marshalltown did a terrific job! They had the vehicle less than a week, so I can’t complain about a thing! In fact, I asked them, while they were buffing and painting, the take out the scrapes I put in trying to go through a drive thru too narrow for my dually (my expense, not the insurance co’s!) They did a terrific job.

The weather in Iowa wasn’t too bad – ‘hoodie’ weather in the AM, warmer in the afternoon, but still had to battle the skeeters! Judy was fogging and/or spraying every couple of days and the skeeters still seemed to win – seemed like skeeters on steroids! It was really nice, however, that she came by, when trying a new spray, to show me the ingredients and warnings to see if it would bother Tinga. Don’t get service like that everywhere!

Did manage to fall coming out of the RV on morning – steps were damp from dew and I really ‘torqued’ my knee. Guess I’ll try anything to have an excuse to be lazy.

Why can't RVs have anything NORMAL size! Needed to get new sheets for the bed -- well, it isn't queen size and it isn't king size -- it is king-size WIDE and queen size LONG...GEEZ! Spent a couple of days running about trying to find a fitted sheet for the RV mattress. Finally bought a king size and made it fit!! Really didn’t need to be crawling about on the bed on my knees trying to get that crazy sheet on – still hadn’t recovered from the not-so-graceful move going down the steps – set the knee back a couple of days!

My coffee pot says "4 cups" right on the pot. Why can I only get TWO cups of coffee out of it? One of life's great mysteries!!

The very worse part of living in an RV park -- when the weather is nice, the windows are open and people down the way are grilling STEAKS!

Most things went on as usual: Sunday Brunch with Bea; yummy fish from the "over 55' menut at Perkins and fried chicken nite at Culvers!

August ended with a thunder boomer and winds that made me think spring was coming back! Need to start thinking about packing up and heading south!

No comments: