Monday, September 14, 2009

I Had a Really Good Time!

Saturday morning, my sister picked me up and we back to Maquoketa IA (our home town) for my high-school class get-together -- not really a class reunion - just a birthday dinner for ourselves celebrating our 65th Medicare birthday! Any excuse for a get-together! Bea wanted to spend some time with a couple of friends that have been having some horrible medical experiences lately. I know it had to be a real emotional roller-coaster for her, seeing friends from her childhood going thru these ordeals.

I really had a nice time. I’m not sure exactly how many showed up but I thought it was a good turnout considering it wasn't a REAL class reunion...it was just the dinner, no other planned events, so it could have been quite costly for anyone needing to travel any great distance. The dinner was at the Eagles Club in town – with the ladies of the Eagles providing a nice buffet of chicken and/or beef, peas, corn, potatoes, gravy, rolls and 2 salads….and a yummy chocolate birthday cake!

The building juggled more than a few memories for me since it started out as Jean's Drive-In many years ago and I was a car-hop there. Then it became a restaurant, then a supper club, now the Eagles Club.

There were a few from the other classes just before or just after us that
came by to visit. It was really nice catching up with friends. I guess it was about 11 PM when I called it quits for the evening and called Bea to come pick me up.

Before we left town on Sunday morning, we met with a friend of mine from school and a friend of Bea's from school for breakfast buffet at the pancake place. Also got to see a few more‘school chums’from my youth.

Returned home to the RV about 2:30PM Sunday --- with a big welcome from Li’lBit, Holly and Tinga!

2012 will be our 50th Class Reunion -- hope we are all around to make that one!

No comments: