Thursday, September 10, 2009

Life is Good!

Eye clinic on Monday was a real ‘upper’ for me – no, there is no major change for the better – but there is definitely NO major change in the other direction, either. The doc took some photos of my eye and you can see that the opaque area covering the eye is thinning out and it seems to be ‘shrinking’ in from the far right corner of the eye. However, the scar tissue is still there. But the best part of the exam was the fact that when fingers were held up in front of my eye, I could count the fingers! Now before we all get really excited about this – the fingers had to be right up nearly IN my eye – but what an improvement that is for me – and oh, how wonderful it makes me feel!

Because of the thinning of the opacity, the light entering my eye does not fracture or flash and scatter like it did. I can actually go out into sunlight without my sunglasses for short periods of time. Life is good!

In celebration of the ‘good news,’ my sister treated me to a terrific meal at JAX Restaurant here in Marshalltown.

The weather has been perfect for the past week. Cool enough for good sleeping at nite and warm enough to set out at the picnic table with Li’lBit and a good book during the day.

Because we are retired (!!), Li’l Bit and I will occasionally take a nap about 2:30 in the afternoon – I often find myself staying up and reading late at nite – so I need my nap! Today, Li’lBit and I were at the picnic table and about 2:30 she walked over to the RV and climbed up on the steps, staring at me. Then, when I opened the door, she ran up to the bed --didn’t I know it was time for our nap! I can’t believe she has made this a routine! Well, you have to do what your dog tells you – so nap time it is!

Heading to Maquoketa (my home town) Saturday AM– my high school graduating class is having a birthday party/dinner for ourselves – we all have or will turn 65 this year – So Happy Medicare Birthday to Us! Bea is going with me – it will just be a Saturday in and Sunday out trip – but will give her a chance to catch up with some of her friends.

I do have to admit, I’m really getting a good case of Hitch Itch and anxious to get back on the road. One more medical appointment September 30 and then will pick a day and hitch up and head out.

No comments: