Sunday, January 2, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND MAY ALL OF THE BLESSINGS 0F 2011 BE YOURS!
I should make a resolution to loose weight and keep the blog up to date! However, making a resolution that I know I will not keep, just makes me feel guilty when I fail – therefore, no resolutions from me!

Although there was a pizza and pop corn party going on at the activities building, I went to bed early New Years Eve. I didn’t go right to sleep; the fireworks across the bay went until well after midnight! And Li’lBit and Holly just can’t handle the bangs and booms – they were like Velcro all evening. New Years morning, breakfast was served at the activities building. Bacon, eggs, biscuits & gravy, grits, sweet breads and muffins, orange juice and coffee – all for $3! Terry and his crew put on quite a spread!

Made my annual pot of jambalaya. I call it my New Years Jambalaya ‘cuz I cut back on the rice and add black eyed peas. Definitely a "south of the Mason-Dixon line" tradition, black eyed peas for New Years. They definitely aren’t my favorite vegetable! I really didn’t like them in anything until I tasted Johnnie’s salad. Then, I tried them in the jambalaya and they worked there also.

Temp near 80 Dec 31 and barely got up to 50 degrees on the First. Just a lazy kick-back-do-nothing day. Thank you Texas Tech and TCU for letting the "big boys" know the "little guys" can play football, too!

January 2nd I woke to 41 degrees. Sure glad I have a nice warm hoodie! My sister sent me a Meskwakie Warriors red hoodie for Christmas! Made it to the mid-50s by afternoon. Sunday evening ice cream social at the activities building. Enjoyed visiting with everyone. Always something to do!

No comments: