Monday, February 14, 2011

FEB 7 - 13 The Decision Has Been Made

Monday February 7th, 44 degrees – went into the upper 60s, sunny and very little - made it to the 70s on Sunday and Li'lBit and I were happy campers! Mexican dinner Monday night. I signed up to bring dessert. Took a cheese-cake sopapilla kinda thing that Diana had made for Christmas. It is absolutely ‘sinful!’ Love Mexican food but sometimes it bites me back about the middle of the night!

Tuesday morning I was wide awake at 5 AM and couldn't go back to sleep! My gut must be acclimating to Mexican foods! Went to bed about 9:30; I knew I'd be up by midnight! NOPE! Didn't wake up for NUTHIN’ until 5AM! 48 degrees and warming up bit then another cold front by the end of the week. Sid and Rain made it to Florida, still waiting to hear from Deryl & Elke.

I went on line to order my eye drops for pick up at the local WalMart but they had dropped off the computer. Took the boxes and bottle in with the script on it and they did some computer 'magic' and found the orders. Had to make another trip on Wednesday to pick them up.

Tuesday morning coffee and I volunteered to make muffins for Sunday! Wouldn’t you think, after so many years in the military, I’d have learned NOT to volunteer. Sure glad I'm figuring out how to use the oven in this thing!

Nails done - Rx picked up – Li’lBit and I spent the afternoon at the picnic table.
Deryl and Elke make it back before the winds picked up. I feel so much better when my friends are off the road and safely parked somewhere!

Wednesday was a dreary heavy air day - 62 degrees but weather alert for winds and frost warning. The AM temp was as warm as the day would get and probably as warm as it would get until the weekend. More hard freeze warnings, but no talk of ‘wintery mix!’ That turned out to be another ‘weather man’s lie!” Dropped to 33 degrees with winds (30-40mph) and blowing rain. Good day to use the oven again. Put a small canned ham in the oven with a sweet potato and the left over barley, mushroom, onion mix. Don't know how I'd get along without those little Dollar Store canned hams!

I've been looking at smaller RVs - thinking of buying an older travel trailer to take to Iowa (I've got Bea looking for a place for me to winter it over so I don't have to haul it back and forth.) The eye and the lungs aren't getting any better and I don't want to NOT go to Iowa for the summer, but not sure how many more trips (if any) I can make with my 5th wheel. I'm just not comfortable towing my 5er -- it's easier to tow than my old one, but I've lost my “comfort zone" or “nerve” I guess -- it does bother me with the eye and not being able to see.

The mess up in Guthrie last year coming back -- dent in the side of the RV - ripped the roof on a tree branch -- just can't do it alone. Might be different if I had someone to get out and watch those things for me. I could have really damaged the RV. Fortunately, I didn't and the patch on the roof was simple (and the ding on the side doesn't look too bad!) But I just don't feel comfortable -- afraid I'll start making mistakes. Life is full of big decisions! This is one that has been made in my mind, but not in my heart – YET!

I want to see the eye doc in Iowa one more time and see if he has any recommendations for someone down here...or if I can put a TT up there, I can still see Wolfe clinic every summer. I guess the fact that I'm comfortable with my doc down here and Lincare with my oxygen, it seems like the right time to stay. So, that's where I stand now. This RV will be leaving Rockport but, one way or another, I will be. How and in what will be determined later!

Thought if I got a smaller, older TT, something I could store up there over the winter, the critters and I could just drive back and forth in the truck. Be a lot easier on me and the trip wouldn't take as long. Tony (park owner) gave me the name and number of someone that might be able to help me find a decent deal on a used trailer. Of course, before I get anything, I'll have Deryl go over it! Deryl doesn’t know this yet!

27 degrees wake up on Thursday with a wind chill of 17! But I stay warm in my hoodies! Had left the water hose disconnected for a couple of nights. I reconnected it in the morning - as soon as the temps got above freezing!
Went to Deryl & Elkes for steaks and baked tators. Didn’t stay out too late - -it's too cold! Lost my Iowa blood long time ago!

Off to a late start on Friday. Propane cylinder out and on the edge of my pad. 34 degrees -- one more cold night, then we aren’t supposed to have another 'cold front' for several weeks! YIPPEE.

Finally, the winds died down and I put my flags back out -- where it sets now it really gets whipped by the wind so I bring it in on rainy windy days.

3 comments:

Roadrunner said...

You sound just like me! Except I am thinking about going into a senior apartment. It is really hard to pull this 5 er alone. I have had so much hell this last trip, I am thinking about giving up! My vision is not too good either, due to Diabetes. Have some heart problems, and my hip is just crumbling away. Getting old is not fun!

Romantic Dinner said...

Good Thought Of Decision made and very nice this post. i like it and great idea for Decision. ..!!

b & b hotels india said...

It is really hard to pull this 5 er alone. I have had so much hell this last trip, I am thinking about giving up! My vision is not too good either, due to Diabetes. Have some heart problems, and my hip is just crumbling away. Getting old is not fun!