Sunday, May 22, 2011

Now I'm Suffering from Hitch Itch!

The more I worked at the trailer, the more I love what Deryl did with the ‘remodeling’! The bottom shelf is out of the little wardrobe; I can hang my blouses & t-shirts and not have them dragging bottom. And, he cut off 1/2 the top bunk. It really opens up that space. It's like having another room! I can stand up and get to the shelves behind the wardrobe. It's going to make a nice computer/office area! And it will be really nice for the critter's food/water, Tinga's cage and the kitty litter! Kinda sums up my life - critters and computers!

He left 1/2 the bunk, from behind the bathroom wall to the front of the trailer. It holds 5 plastic totes and I can stack 5 more on top (if I have to!) There is plenty of support since it was a bed, so it will hold quite a bit of weight.

Back at the 5th wheel, my toilet 'flap' won't spring back. And that's the thing that keeps out the "out house" smells and holds the water in the bowl. It had been getting 'sluggish' so I sprayed some lubricant around and that helped for awhile, then it really stuck! At least it stuck OPEN and not closed so I could still use the toilet! $67.50 later and it’s working. Repair guy isn't sure how long it will work! Or, on the other hand, he said working it may 'fix' it. If not, I'm looking at about $200 repair when it messes up again.

Met Deryl & Elke down the road at the Mexican place one evening. Yummy supper! Brought 1/2 my combo plate and all of Deryl's guacamole home! I just love it when people don't like guacamole - more for me!

This move is a good chance to clean my pantry in 5th wheel. I just HATE the little pantry closet. It is so narrow and really deep. Even stretching, I cannot reach to the back. If something gets shoved back there, it gets stuck there 'cuz I can’t see it and forget it. All of that stuff has been pulled out and moved to the trailer so I can use it up this summer before I have to throw it out!

Li’l Bit made a return trip to the trailer. The last time she was over there all she did was stand in one spot and shake! Poor thing. Hard being an old blind dog and having to figure out a new home and new smells! If I'd been thinking, I'd have taken something that smelled like her or Holly! This time I took her "outside" rug and water dish. Could be a long summer for her if she doesn't figure it out! She was better the time. However, I'll need some colored tape or reflector strips for the steps and figure some way to contrast the color of the floor with the furniture. The décor is really bland shades of brown color scheme! She can't judge distance getting off the sofa to the floor. Having vision in only one eye, I can understand that distance/contrast thing! I have the same problems!

Instead of the Tuesday night RV park “left-overs’ supper out, we did a late lunch with Connie & Ron at the Big Fisherman. They left Wednesday for points north. I’ll get to see them later since they will be at Shady Oaks the end of June. Normally, I avoid the Big Fisherman like the plague at lunch time. Lots of good food for a reasonable price and the lunch lines go around the parking lot! When we arrived at 2:30, the place was nearly empty! Couldn’t pass up the fried fish/shrimp/French fries combination and a $1 Margarita! (A VERY small margarita but good!)

Went to the Craig’s Tires - aired tires, checked them, filled all my washer fluids, etc - $5 - wasn't sure I could afford it! They have been good to me about airing up my tires in all the years I've been here so I just keep going back!

Towards the end of the week, the humidity was really too high for me to be working in the trailer. I don't have anymore to haul over – just had hoped to put some of it way since by now there is no organization to the bags and boxes I’ve hauled over there! I’m sure I’ve taken stuff over that I’ll never use, but better to have it than have to go buy it if I need it! Guess I don’t need to tell anyone what a pack rat I am!

Friday, just like the rest of the week, 75 degrees, 93% humidity at 7AM – not much done outside at all! And the A/C in the 5th wheel is really getting a workout!

Saturday we had our breakfast in the activity building. Belgian waffles with strawberries, biscuits, gravy, sausage, OJ, coffee – all for $3. YUMMY! Kathy & Carol put it all together and did a great job.

By Sunday I was down to the last few days before the trip north – and yes, I do have a good case of ‘hitch itch!’ Defrosted the freezer in the 5th wheel in the AM and then put the portable ice maker into service getting ice ready for the coolers I’ll need for the move. Not much food left in the fridge or freezer so I shouldn’t have move a lot.

1 comment:

Roadrunner said...

I hope you have a good trip. Reading all these travel blogs makes ME have hitch itch. Can't wait to see pictures of inside of your new home.