Thursday, June 23, 2011

Last Minute Details May 23-25

When I realized that I was not going to be transported up during the Rapture predicted for May 21, I figured I’d better continue with my plans for my summer in Iowa! Routine ‘getting ready for vacation” chores were being accomplished and checked off the To-Do list. Cupboards clean, freezer defrosted, sweep, vacuum, dust, wipe down, wash up, ice maker put into full swing to get enough ice to chill down the coolers. I really forgot just how heavy that ‘portable’ icemaker is. All refrig/freezedr foods needed to b e packed in the cooler and taken to the trailer. Not having electricity to cool down the fridge in the trailer, I wanted to make sure I had enough ice to keep things cool until I get settled in Gatesville and plugged into shore power.

Out running errands, my oil gauge was going crazy – naturally, I’m scheduled to leave in a week! Stopped to have it checked – seems it is just ‘stuck’ – oil pressuare, etc is fine. Will have it checked when I get to Gateville and have the "Well-Baby" check up on the truck.

Tuesday had my last nail appointment before the trip and it was definitely a case of poor planning. After the appointment, I went to the trailer to move some stuff around to make room for critters and plants. What a mess I made of the nails! Fortunately I had a similar color somewhere but had to wait until I got to Gatesville to find it.

Tuesday nite the RV35 Trailerhood “left-overs” went to the BBQ place to eat. Love going out with the ‘gang.’ Always a great time. Wednesday evening I met with Deryl & Elke at HuDats.

Thursday noon I planned on meeting Donna for lunch at Apple Dumplin’. On the way into town there was a minor set-back. When I got home I sent an Email to Deryl to tell him the blue trike with the bent wheel setting by his boat was the prize I won for hitting the guy riding it! Long story -- everybody is OK - I'm out $250 to buy the guy a new (used) trike -- cop recorded the transaction and included it in his report so there shouldn't be any further problems. The guy kept saying he wanted a new bike over and over again.....looks to me like one wheel and rim needs to be replaced -- but what do I know -- so went to the bank -- counted out $250 smackers in front of the officefr, on tape, and written -- then the guy wanted to know how he was to get his bike home (the damaged one.) He was informed, "Sir, Ms Fahlsing just bought that bike for $250!" Was a little late for lunch with Donna, but soup, sandwich and apple dumplin’ at the Apple Dumplin’ with a good friend is good anytime! Leaving out in the AM.

No comments: