Sunday, May 24, 2009

BEGINNING TO LOOK LIKE HOME

After a late afternoon arrival on Friday and bare minimum set up done at that time -- Saturday was make-it-look-like-home day. But my get up and go got up and went! I guess it was the crash-and-burn phase after three days on the road. I really didn't accomplish much.

But, here it is Sunday and it is starting to fall into place. The rains that had been predicted still haven't made it here, so outside chores topped the list. The windows are washed on the outside (well, most of them!), the shephard hooks are in the ground, the red, white, and blue (really purple) petunias are in window boxes on the back bumper. The hanging baskets are in their place on the scooter lift on the back of the RV and the herbs are repotted and in the baskets.

The bird feeder and bird bath are up, the hummingbird feeder is up, the oriole feeder is up! WHEW! The grill is cleaned, put together and ready to go. I'm tired just thinking of it!

Went for breakfast with my sister this AM --- stopped for a Sunday paper -- did a little grocery shopping -- important stuff -- dog food and cat food! We drove through the cemetary with all of the flowers, decorations and flags out for the holiday. Things are starting to fall into place

There is some kind of a musty odor coming from under (or around) (or near) my kitchen sink -- I can't seem to identify it -- I can't seem to locate it. I've been around the walls and under the cupboards on my hands and knees twice. I find these phantom problems very irritating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok I found your Blog now will try to keep it handy so I can read about your adventures .You know who this is ? JD bug from EB your old friend