Thursday, May 21, 2009

HOMEWOOD KANSAS

Arrived at the RV park in Homewood KS about 1PM. It was only a 263 mile day. Averaged 13.6 mpg....no major city traffic and not much road construction. Just what I like - an uneventful trip!

Nice park......my picnic table is in the shade of my RV so it will be a nice evening outside with Li'lBit. She really does need a good brushing!!

The folks that own the park greeted me with a freshly popped bag of popcorn! What a delightful treat -- popcorn with my afternoon ice tea after hooking up the electric and, this time, the water. Still can't take a shower -- the plants in the tub make it look like the Garden of Eden!
I should be really RIPE by the time I get to Iowa!

The park is only about a block or two from the interstate -- and yes, you can hear the trucks going by but it is muffled -- not loud or irritating. Will put this park on my route back list!

No comments: