Wednesday, May 20, 2009

GUTHRIE OKLAHOMA

Left Gatesville about 7:30 AM -- went by Gatesville Tire Co and the guys checked all of my tires and sent me down the road -- or up the road since I'm traveling north!

Did make one BIG mistake that I will NOT make tomorrow morning -- took my blood pressure meds -- shouldn't have done that! Good thing I travel hauling my own bathroom around behind me!

The eye held up quite well -- I was off the road by about 3:15 PM. Had a little mental difficulty just south of Oklahoma City maneuvering through and around those damn concete barricades they use to designate lanes in construction areas. OK -- I know -- if the semis can make it, I can make it -- but it's a nerve-racking experience with the right eye screwed up!

Then, I realized a little to late I needed to be over one lane to my left to make the ramp for I-35 -- so I just put on my blinker and moved over -- To hell with 'em if they can't take a joke! Got a few one-finger salutes!!

Nice little RV park here just south of Guthrie, Pioneer RV Park -- well, it isn't too little -- from the park map, there must be about 80 slots -- a little close together -- no picnic tables -- but nice and airy. They have a small store, propane, showers and laundry....the water is delicious! Hopefully I'll be able to stop here on the way back to TX in the fall.

I'll be in no great hurry getting out of here tomorrow -- I'll only be going about 275 miles -- will stop just south of Kansas City for the nite.

No comments: