Sunday, June 7, 2009

Spring in Iowa!

Made it thru my first tornado watch/warning of this summer in Iowa!

Had a really nice day -- a little on the humid side, but sunny -- supposed to get rain this evening, but the day was really nice. Li'l Bit and I did our thing out on the picnic table -- she begs to be brushed and I try to read my book -- when things don't quite go her way, she jumps up on the table and lays across my book -- so much for reading until the brushing is complete!

Went into town with my sister for a bite to eat at The Junction -- I had a really good patty melt with their home made potato chips -- too good! As we were headed back to Shady Oaks, that look and feeling was in the air. I turned on the TV for some weather reports, pulled the dopplar radar up on the computer and there it was -- big as life -- tornado warnings/watches for the entire area.

Fortunately most of the severe stuff passed by -- semi was overturned by wind down on Highway 30 but I seemed to take most of the wind as a direct hit on the rear end of the RV so handled it quite well. Never sure if I'm being pelted with hail or acorns falling from the oak trees all around.

Holly did her thing during the storm -- begs to get into the base cabinet under the kitchen sink. That is her 'tornado shelter,' I guess. Everytime the wind and rain picks up, if the cabinet door isn't open, she sets in front of the door meowing loud enough to wake the dead. What a horrible whining, pleading meow she can make! Li'l Bit heads to the bed and dives under the comforter and doesn't come out until I go get her!

And, in the midst of all of this -- my weather radio started working -- it hasn't worked for months. Don't even ask me to try to explain that one!

No comments: