Friday, July 23, 2010

July 19 - 23

Monday 19th Raining AGAIN! I’m beginning to think that my favorite program and pastime is watching weather radar! Out to do laundry, then off to Fareway to pick up some BBQ pork ribs they had on special. Supper time at Bea’s…yummy!

After months of searching, my spice bottles came and they were the right size! I don’t have to get rid of that garage sale special spice rack I found. I have been wandering yard sales, garage sales, Good Will, Salvation Army looking for spice bottles to fit that crazy rack. I had to make it work, it is so perfect for the RV with limited counter space. Now, I can use it!

Wednesday was a loooong nite! I put a Breakfast Apple Cobbler in the crock pot to cook on low all nite. That meant smelling cooking apples, honey, cinnamon and granola! And you know I had to get up about 3AM and taste-test it to make sure it was cooking OK!

Thursday 22nd There are days I would give my bird away! Wednesday evening I sorted my spices so I could put up my new spice bottles in the morning. I left the bottles, full ones and empty ones, on the table. Now, one-by-one, Tinga is telling them to "Step Up,” then rolls them off the table to the floor! As they hit the floor she looks over the edge of the table and says, “Good Girl!” Certainly glad the lids were on tight!

Miracles of miracles, I finally got a harness on Holly! You really have to know Holly, the cat from hell, to understand what an accomplishment that is -- especially considering I still have all of my fingers.


After a night of rain, my sister picked me up about 11AM Friday. We headed in the direction of the barn quilts. If the weather cooperates, we planned to see a few of them; if it didn’t, we would have lunch in Grundy Center and come home. We managed a circuit of over 100 miles to see many of the barn quilts of Grundy County. Several were too far off of the road to get good pics and we were fighting the clouds and haze some of the time. Stopped for lunch in Grundy Center, the county fair is on so it was a busy place. I’m becoming quite the connoisseur of patty melts and breaded pork tenderloins. If a menu has both, I have a hard decision to make!

No comments: