Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 1 - 6 On My Way to Iowa

June 1st I took Li'lBit over to her old vet to have him look at that place on her throat. He checked her over really good and aspirating that swelling on her neck to make sure it wasn't anything 'serious!' Said he didn't see any "unusual or abnormal" cells when he looked at it. He feels it's best to keep an eye on it and leave it alone. I'll have him check it when I'm thru town again in September. But while I was there, had him give her the rabies and other shots she gets every year. Spending time in GV really hits the wallet by the time I get all the 'well-baby check ups' on critters and the truck!

Stayed dusty and hot hot hot; didn't even cool down much at nite. The humidity was low, but the dust! WHEW! Dusty hot air really zaps my lungs. It just blew all of the time and swirls in little "dust devils.” I wasn't in town for more than 24 hours before I started having trouble breathing. Good thing I didn't have any plans that included outside activities!

Finally got my oxygen concentrator dug out from the pile of junk, hooked up and started using it at nite. AND, it fits under the table so I don’t have to trip over oxygen tubing running from one end of the trailer to the other! It will have to be moved back into the bunk house area for travel; I can't put the table down while it is under there.

Still can't figure out where I'm going to put all of the stuff I packed and tossed into this place. I’m not going to have to do much grocery shopping other than meat and fresh fruit/vegetables -
=this summer!

Li’lBit is totally blind now from the cataracts in both eyes. She is having a hard time adjusting to the trailer -- but can find her bed, her food & water. And, there is only one step to get outside. But my bed is so high she can't get into it.(I can barely crawl up into it!) She fell off the sofa - scared the crap out of me -- she just stayed there, not moving - she was breathing, but not moving. Must have just knocked her dizzy, she eventually came around, but I made a mad dash to Waco PetSmart to get some doggy steps. Will be interesting to get to Iowa and see if she can recognize the park and the smells up there!

Holly just lays around on the bed at the back window all day - lazy cat! Tinga is not a happy camper -- but is surviving! I think she will be happier when I get her little corner all fixed up for her so she can be out of the cage for longer periods of time.

Seems like I just got to Gatesville and it was time to get ready to get back on the road! Finally got the trailer set up – and then it is time to pack the stuff up again and head to Iowa -- leave out June 6 AM.

Running errands, then to Johnnie's for coffee, lunches with Brenda, or lunch or ice tea in the afternoon with others. That's it! Such a social whirl!

Have started noticing some problems with the trailer – the things you only notice after you live in it for awhile. Do have to figure out something with the toilet holding tank. Trailer is so small, you can smell it, not bad, but I know it is there. It’s really bad when I put on the vent fan in the bathroom. Maybe something blocking the vent pipe? Will check when I get to Iowa.

Kept a close eye on the weather up through Oklahoma and Kansas – seems they have had more than their share of winds and tornadoes this spring. The Missouri River was still within its banks at my crossing in KS City. Reservations were made for Guthrie OK the first nite and Homewood KS the second.

Doesn't take anytime at all to hitch up the trailer so I waited unto Monday AM to do it. With Fred there to help, it was done in a flash!

June 6th off to see Orville and have all tires checked and aired and head north!

No comments: