Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 6-7-8 On The Road

Left Gatesville after a visit to Orville’s tire shop. No problems hauling the trailer – in fact, several times I looked back to make sure it was still there. I have a list of fuel stops where I knew I could get the 5th wheel in and out – but didn’t need them. The little trailer pulls in just about anywhere it wants to!

Arrived at Guthrie OK Pioneer RV park mid-afternoon. Hooked up water and electric, cranked the A/C up full blast. It was 99 degrees with a hot dusty wind blowing at 25mph! 16.25 mpg from Gatesville to Guthrie -- not bad!

Tuesday nite - Homewood RV Park, Homewood KS - actually Williamsburg near Ottawa. I guess it pays to stay at the same places each time. When I called for reservations, she told me to ‘just pull in and pick a spot, I’ll settle with you later.” She fell and cracked her foot so probably wouldn’t be at the office.

My sister said they were predicting temps in the 60-70 degree range for the end of the week. Definitely looking forward to that. Been in the 90s for a long time now and nite temps don't get out of the 70s....too warm for this time of year.

I have my morning 'on the road' check list and added stabilizers to it!
Decided to put the stabilizer jacks down; windy up here on this hill in Kansas! 310 miles to Marshalltown! Fortunately Bea told me about the change in the exit from I-80 to the “diagonal’ to Marshalltown. It had been a left exit and I would not have been a happy camper to find myself in the wrong lane to make the new exit!

Pulled into Shady Oaks, Marshalltown, about 2:30 on Wednesday. Randy came by after work to back me in and help set up with utilities. Messed with the antenna and have TV (so I can get the weather!)and just in time. Severe thunderstorm and hail warnings! I had no idea where my weather radio was! Can't survive in an RV in Iowa without a weather radio but I do have my “ruby red slippers’ that Bea gave me after my first tornado season in Iowa!

I'm here -- settling into my summer home! Li'lBit knew where she was -- bounded out of the RV, tail going a mile a minute and running about greeting everyone. We're Home!

No comments: