Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Dancing to the Same Music; Reading on the Same Page




 I guess I can call this a "Disclaimer!"
Just So You Know:   I’m sure this blog is not going to be politically correct when it comes to my descriptions regarding the period of the Civil War in Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri and the period of Indian Removal.   I will use the terms in the literature and reference materials used at that time.  Indians will be Indians or Red Men and not Native Americans – that was not a term used in the 1800s.  When I describe the 1st Kansas Volunteer Cavalry – I will refer to them as Colored, Black or Negroes.  Those were the official terms and the official name of the Kansas Volunteer Cavalry was the Kansas Colored Volunteers.  

It's always much easier when you can dance to the same music and read from the same page.

No comments: