Friday, August 14, 2015

Today is pack the truck day and tomorrow is head'em up, move'em out day!  Hopefully I will be on the road bright and early Saturday AM headed to Gatesville - my ol' stompin' grounds.  Time to catch up on the gossip and the coffee drinkin'.  Also time to have the well-baby check up on that ol' Dodge Dually I'm drivin' and have the tires checked and oil changed.  Then it will be off to the vet with Brooke for her well baby check up.  Gonna be a really sad trip; missin' my Holly, Li'lBit and Amber -- and Brooke just isn't the traveler that they were.

Has been really strange this week, packing a truck and not a trailer. I really wish I had my Mom here to  help -- she was about the only person I know that could pack 50 pounds into a 25 pound sack and she could do wonders when it came to packing a trunk and the car.

Been so long since I've gone anywhere without my trailer, I don't even have a suitcase!  I don't even remember how to pack -- I'm so used to tossing everything into tote boxes and shoving them into the trailer.  I know my sister is gonna be so proud of my matched and un-matched set of plastic tote boxes and re-usuable grocery and WalMart shopping bags!  She'll probably make me wait to unload under cover of darkness!

My lungs and my body are really looking forward to being out of this Texas heat for awhile.  Not sure if it is my meds (seems they all have some kind of heat or sun warning) or just a reaction to some heat problems I had years ago when I was in the Army, but lately the heat/humidity has been making me ill......that doesn't make me happy -- but I'm gonna be on the road, pointed north, Saturday AM, come hell or high water.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Nice to see you back! We met way back on the yahoo bird fancier page. Thankfully my husband's lungs are holding stable. Hope you are doing well also. It is nice to see you posting again. I wondered how you were doing..... Stacy