Friday, March 5, 2010

February 8 - 14

After 2 nice sunny dry days the previous week, we went back to the windy, rainy, chilly. So much for that little bit of Global Warming!

Monday was laundry day. Couldn’t put it off any longer without having to run naked. WHEW! What a horrible visual! Take advantage of a dry day so I can get the laundry home without have to hang it up to dry again. I’m still carrying too many clothes. I don’t need this many. I realized just how much when I cleared the closet to put the clothes rod back up. I think it is time for a closet cleaning and a trip to Good Will or the Salvation Army.

There was some February excitement. On the 10th, my carbon monoxide alert alarm went off at 2AM. Got up and changed the batteries. An hour later it went off again. Up again. This time I left it open since I didn’t have any more batteries the right size. But, since the furnace was still on, I decided to shut that off since I had turned off the carbon monoxide monitor.

About 4AM the same night, I woke up with my bed shaking. Li’lBit was having a seizure. Poor little thing. Might as well stay up. I can’t sleep until she quiets down. She basically becomes a Velcro dog trying desperately to crawl under my skin.

Oh, but the excitement was not over! The following night the smoke detector goes off! Fortunately I had gone into town and picked up a fresh supply of batteries.

I change all of the batteries when we ‘spring ahead’ and ‘fall back’ with this daylight saving time stuff. Obviously I ended up with a pack of bad batteries.
By the end of the week, the sun was back. Temps were still in the 40-50 degree range and the winds were blowing 15-20 mph with gusts up into the 30 mph range. The sun felt good, but the winds made it impossible to set outside and enjoy it.

It must be a sign that the lungs are finally clearing up. On Friday I met Deryl & Elke at Charlotte Plummers – fried oysters and shrimp gumbo! Life is good!

Sunday was another sunny day and off to Pepitos in Aransas Pass with Deryl & Elke for deep fried avocadoes. They also have a hellofa mushroom quesadilla. Love that place.

No comments: