Saturday, March 6, 2010

Finally, February Comes to an End, Feb 22-28

The cold front blew in about 4AM. Back to 40 degrees with wind chills in the 30s and winds blowing 25-30 mph. I’m still finding it damn depressing that I need to wear a jacket to walk Li’lBit! AND, guess who was out at 11:30PM in the blowing rain and 40 mph winds flipping propane tanks! Oh, the joys of RV living!

I dumped the remainder of the roast beef and gravy into the crock pot, added some beef broth, potatoes, cabbage, carrots, onions, celery. Soup for a few days and I managed to clean out the veggie bin in the fridge!

By Thursday the temps were back into the 50s and the rain was slowing down.
Deryl and Elke stopped by for a visit. They leave March 2 in their motor home, headed west to join a cruise to Mexico. Sounds like a great vacation to me! They should be back before I leave Rockport.

Installed TurboTax. Now I have to really get busy getting things sorted out and filed. It did get me to finally sort through and clean out the files in that rolling file cart I had parked under my table! Now I can dismantle the cart, stash it in the under compartment until I find someone that can use it, move my sewing machine back to its spot under the table! Things are getting accomplished. That is a great feeling!

I think Tinga did a number on one of my day/nite shades. I noticed it ‘drooping’ from the mounting bracket. I have a love/hate relationship with those things. If they work, I love them; when they don’t, I could rip them down and toss them in the trash!

I would also like to meet the interior decorators/designers for RVs. Obviously they only go for looks and don’t have to work with the stuff they install. There is absolutely no way you can get fat fingers with a screwdriver in, over, around the window décor!

FINALLY, the day/nite shade is back up and working, but not after a few skinned knuckles and a few bad words.

Laundry and errands completed and when I got home the outlets in the kitchen area weren’t working. Tried the breakers, etc – all those do-it-yourself things. Still no electricity to the outlets. This is what I love about RV living……asked one of the guys working on an RV down the way if he knew of anyone in the park that did electrical work. He came by to see what the problem was and fixed it! Now I know that the reset button for the KITCHEN outlets is in the BATHROOM. Hello! Who thought up that idea! GEEZ!

Roberta had a yard sale on Saturday. Love garage/yard sales. Just had to get there to see if there was something I couldn’t live without! Had time for a nice visit and we decided it was time for another ‘lunch bunch get together.’

The news from my home in central TX isn’t very good. I heard that a lady I had worked with for awhile had been murdered. How sad, she has a young daughter about 3-4 years old. This is the 2nd murder in the area this month, along with another shooting, a rape, and a plane crash. I’m not sure it is safe to head back that way.

February doesn’t get much better when it comes to good food and good friends. Not only do we have the Mardi Gras celebrations, this year the Jewish holiday of Purim is Feb 27-Mar 1. The story of Purim is in the Book of Esther. For Mardi Gras, I have to have my King Cake, for Purim, lemon-poppy seed cake is a necessity.

And on we go to March.....

No comments: