Monday, March 22, 2010

March 14-20 - Winter just won't go away!

Naturally, on Sunday morning I was up and out of sorts about the time change! It was still dark when I got to the laundry room. Had to find the light switch. At least I had my choice of machines!

66 degrees with 95% humidity is a little 'stuffy' in the lungs, but the sun came out so it was another wonderful day in paradise! Li'lBit and I spend most of our time outside!

Bought a couple pounds of shrimp in the shell (heads are already gone; I can't deal with heads!) while at the market the other day. They just brought some in and they were nice size. Thought I might have ‘shrimp on the barbie’ but decided to cook inside. I have enough shrimp for several meals.

People are hitching up and between now and the end of March, a big chunk of the folks head back to Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan and other points north. With the winds we have been having, I wish them all safe travels. I asked Allison if there would be anyone left her when I leave Apr 15 to help hitch me up! She guaranteed me there would be someone!

MARCH 15 BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH! 9AM and off to another late start. Blame it on DST!! I’m not the only one with a daylight saving time problem, Tinga is going through her squawky thing!

64 degrees and sunny. Nice to be able to leave the windows open. But, I should have checked my weatherbug before I went outsude. WHEW! Winds 15-20 mph with gusts 25-30mph! Not a day to set outside unless you want an ear ache.

Finally, I found the lace window hangings from Pella. They were in the cabinets over the recliners, stuffed up there with my gift bags and gift wrapping stuff. I needed a gift bag for a ‘shower gift’ and there they were. They had fallen down behind the gift bags. AND,I found a bag with a Halloween kitchen set and treats for the critters! YIPPEE! Just like Christmas all over again!


TUESDAY MARCH 16 was "puppy shower' day. Ladies coffee first, then party! Jeannie lives here in the park with her parents. She is so friendly and helpful to everyone. Her 40th birthday is the first part of April. All she wanted was a puppy. Allison (park owner) is throwing a 'surprise puppy shower'!

And a wonderful time was had by all! Must have been 25 people there. Jeannie knows everybody and everything! She had no idea about the party,her mom got her there saying that Allison had called to see if she would bring a picture of the new puppy over to the ladies coffee, some of us wanted to see it!

Pictures of the puppy shower are on the 35RV Blog -- thanks to Keith for being there with camera in hand! http://www.rockport-rv35.blogspot.com/

Naturally, it is rainy, 54 degrees with 15 mph winds! So much for summer!

MARCH 17 Happy St Patrick’s Day! Corned beef and cabbage in the crock pot and a loaf of Irish soda bread in the oven. Doesn’t get much better than that! I thought I had my St Pat’s day meal all planned out but forgot the beer! Wonder if it is criminal to drink Mexican beer with corned beef, cabbage and Irish soda bread.
51 degrees BRRRRR!!! Taking advantage of the cooler dreary weather, I busied myself sorting files and getting them ready for my 2010 stuff now that I have decided I can handle Turbo-Tax!

THURSDAY MARCH 18 56 degrees and sunny! Lunch Bunch day at Pepitos. Had a good lunch with the gang, only 4 of us this time. I had the veggie quesadilla (squash, spinach, mushrooms, green peppers, onions and of course cheese)

Naturally I had to stop at Castaways on my way back into town to see if they had anything there I just cannot live without!! And of course they did. Found a nice teapot and a steamer pan. Great for my seafood. Stopped at the fish market and picked up some more shrimp. Then stopped at the grocery and picked up some fresh asparagus. Had a pot of asparagus soup on before the day was out.

When I got home, Holly had puked again! At least not on the carpet this time! I have decided it is the soft food I got her the last time. I have to remember that 'cuz I think I had fed her this stuff before when she was sick. Gotta stop clipping all of those coupons from the Sunday paper!

I keep running into names and faces from my past on Facebook! It is so much fun! And keeps me company on some of these cold dreary days!

FRIDAY MARCH 19 Ladies Lunch went to Bellino's -- a little Italian place over on Fulton Beach Road. Nice Lunch! Should have brought 1/2 of it home. Had penna pasta with alfredo sauce with grilled shrimp. Just what I needed – more shrimp.

Saw Keith and his wife leaving today. They are from Cedar Rapids. Hope they miss the snow and the winds!

SATURDAY MARCH 20 was a dreary day. Weatherman said the winds would start coming from the north. Hope they aren't from too far north. Talked to my sister in Iowa and they got six inches of snow!

Park is really emptying out,several hitched up and left yesterday and today three are already lined up to head out. The motorhome next to me left in the AM so I can see all the way down to Ruth and Walter’s spot. 4th St near the laundry room is about 1/2 empty. Looks strange to see it so empty!


Had a wonderful surprise early in the morning. An unexpected knock on my door. Florist delivery! My sister had sent me a Bright Blessing Spring Bouquet for the first day of spring! What a treat!!!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

That's a beautiful floral arrangement... and such a thoughtful sister!