Saturday, March 6, 2010

More February Catch-Up Feb 15-21

The weather will not break! I'm not the only one getting tired of it. Evidentially, Li'lBit is getting tired of all of this chilly, rainy weather, too. She refuses to go out. She loves to ride along when I run errands, but now wants to be carried to and from the truck. Heaven forbid the princess should get her feet wet!

Still working on getting my tax stuff together and while going through my travel logs, I realized I have used 13 cylinders of propane since I arrived November 30th. That is more propane than I have used my entire first three years full-timing! How many ways can I say I sure appreciate this easy on easy off hook up for the tanks! No More Pipe Wrench!

Along with the propane hookup, the easy acCess to the drains for the holding tanks is a real pleasure in this cold, rainy, damp, chilly, windy, etc etc etc weather! No more crawling partway into the undercompartment to pull the holding tank levers. Oh, Life Is Good with Simple Pleasures!

Tuesday the 16th was Shrove Tuesday (Fat Tuesday). And, keeping with tradition, I treated my self to pancakes - I made a pannekoeken (oven pancake) with peach filling! Oh, yummy!

Completed my civic duty and mailed in the absentee ballot for the primary elections. My voting home central Texas and there is nothing like Texas politics to get the heart pumping and the blood pressure on the rise!

Still not feeling up to par so took a pass on the ladies lunch this month. But by the weekend, the sun was back out and Li'lBit and I enjoyed being outside. Even got some of the undercompartment cleaned and straightened. While I was in there I rummaged thru the book boxes and found some more reading material. Weather like we have had this winter makes me glad I decided to drag all of those books with me and not sell them at the yard sale when I moved out of the house. The extra weight of the many hard bound books is just about a thing of the past. I've been reading the hardbound books first.

Poor Li'lBit is itching again - which may be why she wants to be carried to and from the truck - she doesn't have to walk in the damp sand. Evidentially her blood levels of that good ol' Iowa Roadside Medicine (hemp) have been dropping! She immediately hits her little patch of wild hemp the minute she gets to Iowa and the itching stops.

Not sure if it is going to work, but I found some hulled hemp seed and hemp seed oil on the 'net' and ordered it. I'll try adding it to her food. But I'm not sure just part of the hemp benefits her - all I've seen her eat are the young shoots as the start up through the soil.

Sunday February 21 - Sunny, 62 degrees HALLELUJAH!!!!

No comments: