Saturday, July 4, 2009

HAPPY FREEDOM DAY!

Many of today’s planned outings will probably be moved inside or cancelled. A rainy day here in central Iowa – 64 degrees and a nice steady heavy drizzle or light rain –however you want to put it! Provides a good excuse for me to stay by the ‘puter and finish downloading, sorting, filing, figuring things out.

I’ve been busy this AM trying to recreate some things that were lost in the Big Computer Crash last week. I had thought it was sooooo wise to put everything on the computer and get rid of the paperwork – not a lot of room for filing cabinets in an RV – and, it might be the way to go – if I would just develop the habit of periodically downloading to my external hard drive – and obviously doing it every 3-4 months isn’t sufficient! Now I’m creating a ‘back up’ notebook to keep handy –“Just In Case!”

Yesterday Bea and I went into Des Moines to run some errands – mostly MY errands. First headed to RV supply places looking for some sewer and awning attachments – couldn’t find what I was looking for – will probably just go to the internet and order what I want.

Lunch at McDonald’s – how’s that for a big experience!

Then off to Best Buy to check for MS Office – just couldn’t find what I wanted on the ‘net’ – and I’m so accustomed to the MS Word that I decided to part with the bucks and get the program. Managed to save some cash -- I had found an old Best Buy gift card when I was moving out of the house – that’s been a couple of years ago and the purse I found it in was older than that! I was sure there wasn’t anything left on the card – Bea also had on older card – so between her card and my card, the total cash outlay for me for the program was $40.78!! We had $118 in old gift cards…can’t beat a deal like that!

Out Best Buy’s door and into Michael’s to check for baskets. Li’lBit had ruined her ‘napping basket’ that sets in the kitchen – Another sale – another purchase.

Off to the dress shop to look for some tops. Another sale – two blouses and a pair of jeans! Had a rebate visa card from Alltel – chopped the cash outlay down on that purchase.

Stopped at Baker’s Square for pie and coffee. I had the caramel pecan silk supreme –layers of caramel pecan, cream cheese, some other totally decadent layers, drizzled with chocolate and caramel! Probably should have bought those jeans AFTER the pie!

Made a few more stops for odds and end – then headed back to Marshalltown. Decided to stop for supper before going home – pizza at Mama DiGrado’s http://mamadigrados.com/ Now I know those jeans aren’t going to fit!

Hope you all have a super Safe and Happy Fourth of July!

No comments: