Friday, July 24, 2009

It's Friday and Stock Car Races!

It’s Friday – another wonderfully cool and breezy day in Marshalltown – and with the windows open, I can hear the stock car races from the Fairgrounds. This evening, they sound so close, I think I can almost smell the fuel and the dust! As a child, I so enjoyed going to the stock car races with my dad.

This AM my weather radio went off with a severe thunderstorm warning. Fortunately for us, the storm stayed north of us and drifted to the east. Des Moines finally hit the 90 degree mark for the first time this summer. We made it into the upper 80s.

Last evening my sister and I met some friends at a great little restaurant north of town, That Place. I had some of the best fried catfish I've had in a long time – as usual, I ate too much – always do when I go out to eat!

The last few days have been “Bad Air Days.” Started Wednesday waking up to some really heavy air and fog. Thursday was some better but something must have blown in – I was fighting allergies and congestion. Today, although some deep lung congestion in the AM, I thought things were improving and WHAMMO – this afternoon everything seemed to ‘shut down’! Oh, I hate times like that – when even the breathing treatments don’t work. To compound things, when I’m not getting good air exchange, my joints and muscles don’t seem to want to go in the same direction and I find myself falling a lot……so this afternoon and much of this evening has been spent in bed.

Li’lBit has been having problems with seizures lately – she went quite awhile without one, but recently they seem to have reappeared and are getting stronger. Fortunately, I still have her meds.

With all of this medical upheaval, Tinga has been relegated to her cage most of the time and Holly does her best to stay out of our way!

Hoping tomorrow is a much better day.
Life is still good -- and I am Blessed -- and still pain free with the eye! YIPPEE!

No comments: