Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Where's The Water!

Lucked out again last night -- my weather radio alarm went off about 9PM with a severe thunderstorm warning. After listening to the weather on the 10PM news and checking, one more time, the weather radar on line, I decided to go to bed....hoping it would miss us.

Well, it did -- sometime during the night the storm split and did some damage south of us and north of us, but we came through with little more than some wind, thunder and lightning.

About 2 AM I was up to check the weather (AGAIN!) and noticed I didn't have any water. Knowing that the connection on my hook-up is the old original connection, I thought I had a water leak outside -- so outside I went -- walked about the RV - no sign of a leak -- so back to bed.

This AM -- still no water -- heard Judy with some workmen outside by the utility building. Soon, Mary came by to say that the pump was out. But, how lucky can you get -- the guys in the park taking down the trees that had been wind-damaged earlier were also the pump and well repair guys! So, get off the tree trimming truck and get into the well/pump repair truck.

By 11AM we were back in the water business. Don't you just love it when the handiman is a jack of all trades and can 'fix' anything!

No comments: