Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Visit From The Contractor

This AM my sister brought a contractor by to take a look at the RV -- I want to remove the carpeting in the bedroom/bathroom area and on the steps - it is just too difficult to keep clean with a dog, a cat, a parrot and a messy, lazy housekeeper! I also want the padded/upolstered valances removed in the kitchen area -- they absorb any and every smell coming from the kitchen and they are really hard to keep clean. I've asked him to figure some way to put up a shelf in place of the valance....I can always use a place to 'put stuff'!

I don't think I will ever understand carpeting and upolstered valances in an RV. Guess I'm lacking 'class' or something -- or maybe I'm just to sensible!!!!

Then it was off to Twin Anchors RV Service in Colo, IA -- just down the road about 20 miles -- to pick up my new sewer slinky. Couldn't find one when we were shopping in Des Moines last week -- so asked the RV service in Colo to order one.

Bea and I had lunch at the restaurant there at the Twin Anchors RV park -- really good open-faced steak sandwich -- they give way toooo many french fries! But the food is good and plenty of it and the service is great. I still haven't managed to save enough room to try their homemade pies yet -- one of these days!

My heart goes out to my Texas friends -- they are still suffering thru a long stretch of triple-digit days without rain. But I don't feel the least bit guilty setting here in Iowa with my 76 degree day and plenty of rain....would love to share it if someone would built a rain-pipe-line from central IA to TX!

No comments: