Friday, October 7, 2011

September Comes To An End

Sunday, September 25th, after church I went to the laundry room - I was the only one there - sure is different here in the "off season!" Sunday evening was ice cream social. Kathy always finds some interesting new flavor! Just 6 or so of us there – crowds will be picking up soon. The Winter Texans will be coming back before long.

I've just about eaten all of the beef and pork I brought from Iowa! Then I'll be back to seafood/fish and chicken! Oh, Dr Maroney will be sooooo happy!

The trailer is unpacked, but now I'm living with bags of 'stuff' all over the 5th wheel, trying to find places for it! Still waiting for parts for the trailer so it still sets down front in the pull thru space.

Monday I woke to 81 degrees. Li'lBit doesn't spend a lot of time outside in those temps. Too warm! Ended up in triple digits. Summer just doesn’t want to let go!

Holly's back to puking after she eats. I think there are some foods she just likes better than others and really eats too fast.

Spent all of Tuesday morning worried about my afternoon doc appointment. I was sure she would read me the riot act - lab values out of whack and I know I've put on the pounds - good ol' Iowa beef, pork and sweet corn! And probably a few too many meals out with Bea!

Well, it wasn't such a bad summer after all! All lab values that are supposed to be UP are UP; those that are supposed to be DOWN are DOWN! Didn’t gain any pounds but didn’t loose any either. She said once it gets cooler I can start walking again!! But the blood pressure was elevated (not too much.)of course I’d worried about my appointment all morning! And after she heard about my last two weeks, she said "work on getting it down!" See her again in three months!

On my way home, I picked up groceries and stopped at the vegetable stand and of course I had to stop at Castaways. I’m looking for some kind of kitchen stand/cart on wheels. Was hoping there was something at Castaway – will have to keep looking.

The 28th of September and at 6AM the temp was 83 degrees - 89% humidity -- WHEW! Li'lBit and I didn't stay out long! Met Donna for lunch at Whataburger. Found a pack of ground ham from Iowa in the freezer. Made it up like a meatloaf with egg and bread crumbs, some seasonings, and let it cook in the crock pot. About the time it was finished, I poured a can of sweet potatoes on top. It turned out quite yummy. But after pigging out at Whataburger with a sandwich and onion rings, I really wasn’t too hungry!

Thursday night Friendship Supper at the activities building doesn’t have much of a crowd! I fixed a sauerkraut salad and a rice salad – thought the rice salad could be used as a desert if there weren’t any – there are so few of us!

Wind, rain, thunder, lightning! I even shut down the computer for awhile! More thunder, lightning and wind than rain, but will take every drop! Thunderstorms down here are a piece of cake! Can't hold a candle to Iowa storms! Of course the folks in the park tease me about worrying about hurricanes and then I go to Iowa to live through their spring and summer storms!

Still waiting on parts for the wheel! Every day I'm "gladder and gladder" I didn't make the decision to have my trailer towed into Victoria!

Connie and Ron got in today. I had a chance to visit with them while they stayed at Shady Oaks in Marshalltown for about a week this summer.

The last day of September and it is 80 degrees at 7AM and 80% humidity - and tomorrow it's OCTOBER! WHEW!

The wheel is fixed 'good enough' for me to get the trailer to the repair place. It’s scheduled to go into the shop on Monday. Will be glad to have that task finished! September comes to an end!

No comments: