Sunday, December 27, 2009

December Is Winding Down

Friday December 25 MERRY CHRISTMAS
Christmas dinner was a pot luck. My donation was a strawberry trifle. Plenty of food! The park provided brisket, potatoes, gravy and ham. Then came the casseroles. I didn’t know there were so many ways to make green beans, scalloped corn or broccoli! And someone brought scalloped oysters! YIPPEE – just like Mom's Christmas table!

Deryl & Elke asked me to stop by for dessert and coffee. I was way too full for dessert, but did enjoy the visit and the pictures of the new greatest-grandest-baby!

The rest of the day was quiet, peaceful and quiet! I fixed a pot of fish/seafood chowder from the left over oyster stew. Had a few salad shrimp and some bay scallops in the freezer. Add some potatoes and a leek. Was really good by Saturday AM!

Saturday December 26 Happy Boxing Day!
The tradition of boxing up your Christmas left overs and sharing them with others is a way of live for the RVer. There isn't enough room nor, do most have the weight allowance, to hang onto everything. Something new comes in, something old has to go out! It's quite easy to box up extras and left overs and share with RVing friends.

Tinga and I love our fish/seafood chowders! What a breakfast!

Started taking down my Christmas Decorations. My sister gave me some beautiful Dutch Lace Window hangings when I was in Iowa last summer. Now I can’t find them. I know they are around here somewhere -- but she gave them to me as I was packing up to leave Iowa and so I have never had them up. I must have just put them somewhere (so I would remember where they where) and now I don't remember! How can you loose things in an RV!

The rest of the decorations came down on Sunday and packed away in the undercompartment.

Sid and Rain are leaving on Monday so a Saturday evening meal together was essential.
It has been wonderful having them as neighbors. Too bad the weather was so 'icky' the first 3 weeks of December. I"m going to miss them being next door.

No comments: