Friday, December 11, 2009

Hitch Itch

I heard from Walter and Ruth, my neighbors last winter. They are already there and said that Marv and his wife are also there. Marv is my “A-number-one backer-inner” – he can back in my RV and have it unhitched and leveled in the blink of an eye. It’s because of folks like Marv that I can continue to live this lifestyle.

My "cyber-friends" from Maine, Rain and Sid, should be pulling in on Dec 1 also. They were coming from summer in northern California and were in Del Rio, heading back east after the first of the year. Rain and I met many years ago on an on-line chat room about parrots. We have emailed regularly since. They have been full-time RVing for nearly 10 years, I think. We met once. They came thru Gatesville and we were in the same RV park for a day or two. I’m really anxious to see them again.

I have on my list “wooden steps.” Marv used to make them and I am hoping someone else does, if he is no longer doing it. I really need some better steps. The ones on the RV are a little high and steep for me and Li’lBit.

Sunday I finished putting away the last of the things. Lee and Mary Jane came by to hitch me up. I stayed in the park at Gatesville with the electric hooked up. Headed out to the tire shop on Monday AM. Orville and the guys always take good care of me before I hit the road. Again, another great group of folks that work to keep me on the road.

The guys got me outta there early and I was headed south to Rockport by about 9AM. My plan was to go to WalMart for Monday night and pull into the RV park on Tuesday. BUT, with my early start, I would be arriving at Rockport before the office closed at 5PM. AND, I heard from Rain, that they had arrived on Monday and were set up. So, head ‘em up, move ‘em out and get to Rockport as soon as I can!

No comments: