Friday, December 11, 2009

November Comes to an End

The week of Thanksgiving, we were getting down to the wire. Thanksgiving on Thursday, hitching up on Sunday Nov 29th, tires being checked on Monday. Still no word from VA about the oxygen and still no word about the part for the truck.

Monday the PA in the VA respiratory clinic called questioning my need to change oxygen providers (I think he thought I wanted them to pay for it!) After I explained several times that I had insurance, he told me to have Lincare "call Peggy and give her the information and send the forms." After several phone calls back and forth between Lincare, VA and yours truly, the paperwork was faxed.

I wasn’t expecting it to happen overnight, but certainly they could get it squared away before I leave for Rockport, but that was asking way too much! Maybe it will all be set up by spring! Say a prayer and light a candle! I’ll have to continue seeing VA respiratory clinic, but that’s OK, it will keep my foot in the door at VA.

Monday Brenda called to say she was going to Swindall's for lunch -- did I want to meet her -- I told her I was having lunch with Cindy (It's hell being in such demand!) but would join her for ice tea. She ordered onion straws with her sandwich and Swindall's serves them in a large basket! I just had to help Brenda eat them! Then Cindy called and I met her for lunch at Rancher's! Ordered a baked potato (stuffed with everything and sausage) -- brought the potato home for supper. Oh, and while I was at Swindall's I got some blackberry cobbler to go -- they make the best cobblers! So supper Monday was baked potato and black berry cobbler! And I wonder why I have a weight problem!

Tuesday, finally, the truck went in. It took a couple of tries to get the electrical problem repaired – first they shipped the wrong part. Then the new part got delayed. WHEW, electrical relay boards don’t come cheap! Bill was just over $900. GEEZ!!! This roving life-style is costly! Still cheaper than property taxes!

Had lunch at the pasta place with Brenda, then to Hamilton County Court House to fill out a request for absentee ballot for the March primaries. There are a few politicians around here that need to be sent to the unemployment line next fall, so don't want to miss my chance of starting that process!!

Wednesday it was too damn chilly to even thaw a turkey! That was OK – I had to stay in and bake the gingerbread for the pumpkin-gingerbread trifle I was taking to Johnnie's for dessert. There isn’t enough room in my fridge to make the desert and keep it refrigerated overnight, so I just get everything ready and assemble it in the AM.

Thanksgiving was great. As I have for many years, I spent it with Johnnie and her family. By the time all her kids and grandkids show up and her brother and his family, she had 24 people there! Two big turkeys and a ham! I ate so much I'm miserable. Johnnie sent home a big 'doggie bag' with leftovers so I'll eat some more tomorrow and be miserable all over again!

Friday was pack up day. Time to stow everything that can be stowed and tie down that which can't. I had Friday and Saturday to get my act together and get ready to go. What a case of Hitch Itch I have!

No comments: