Friday, December 11, 2009

November 30 - Rockport - Home Sweet Home

The trip from Gatesville to Rockport was uneventful except for the rain – in and out of rain all the way done – and I think the cold front followed me. Arrive in Rockport about 3PM to drizzle and 52 degrees.

As I got out of the truck to go into the office to register, Sid was coming down the steps – he offered to back me in, waited until I got my lot number and took the RV over to my spot. By the time I got signed in, the paperwork filled out, the rabies certificates copied, paid the bill, etc etc etc, Sid had my RV backed in, unhitched and leveled. Just needed my key for the under-compartment to get the equipment to hook up the utilities, etc. I was in and set up in a flash!

Took me awhile to get the slides out since I couldn't find Holly and that crazy cat runs and hides under the bed -- and that is where the hydraulic mechanism is for the slide -- hhhmmm.....one smushed cat if I don't corral her and lock her in the shower!!

My get up and go got up and went when I arrived - that is the way it is when I travel -- seems to really drain me -- and of course, the sitting so long stiffens me up like a board! That is why it usually takes me so long to get unhitched and set up -- so it was sure a treat having Sid do that!

I'm usually 'under the weather' for a couple of days -- takes me about that long to bounce back -- and to adjust to new pollens in the air! So I just take my time doing things. Like my sister told me -- take your time -- you have all winter!

Ruth and Walter came by to bring Molly, their dog, to see Li'lBit! Actually I think Molley was looking for the Cat From Hell! Several folks from last winter stopped by for a quick welcome chat.

Turned on the space heater and a pot of chili on the stove. Spent the rest of the day/evening resting and finished unpacking the next day. Life is Good and I’m blessed to have friends that are so willing to help me keep this RV life going!

No comments: