Sunday, December 20, 2009

Week Three - Things Are Warmer!

Sunday didn’t get that promised 70 degrees only made 51 and cloudy! At least the fog lifted! From the looks of things the only part of the country that isn't wet and cold is south Florida and I don't much care to go to Miami!

Went to the store to get a few things I needed for making candy and forgot to get my Sunday Paper. Now how can it be Sunday without my Sunday paper. Oh, well, I'll just read it on line and pretend I'm holding it!

Ruth stopped by for a visit and Li'lBit fell asleep in her lap. Li’l Bi has never met a stranger.

Monday was more of the same, 54 degrees FOGGY. I could hardly see the RV next door!

Still have some more candy to make although I didn't realize it was going to take so long for the candy to set up. Should have known with the humidity.

Li'lBit and I sat at the picnic table for awhile in the afternoon. She loves to set up there and get brushed. The bench wasn't dry so with a wet, cold butt, I walked to the office for mail. One thing I noticed about this place, no one walks alone. If you don't have a human companion, you have a 4-legged one! While there I signed up to take dessert to Christmas dinner.

Water line break in the park and the water was off until mid-afternoon. Advantage of living in an RV, there is always a holding tank!

Awake at 6AM on Tuesday. That must have been when the 'cold front' blew through. The humidity was killing me. According to the news, it was 65 degrees at that time. Apparently we reached our high by 7AM and it was steadily downhill after that.

You should have seen me trying to get my hips and knees moving in the cold and damp. Sure glad I have those new wooden steps.

Ladies Coffee at 9AM on Tuesday -- such a whirlwind of activity!

Robert called to say my computer was ready and he didn't have to erase a thing. He mentioned "all the stuff you have in there is still there." Maybe that was some kind of code language telling me to clean up the junk I keep on the computer.

The humidifier has really been working over time! I’ve been emptying it every day. I prefer leaving my windows open (when the weather is nice) so dehumidifier won’t be of much use then. But until then, it goes just about 24/7.

Stopped by to visit with Rain and Sid at their place. Certainly didn’t mean to spend the entire afternoon, but good friends and good conversation is hard to give up.

Wednesday was lunch at Los Comales with Roberta, Dan, Jim, Sid and Rain. Jerry and his wife, currently at Ancient Oaks RV park were there. The weather was getting colder and wetter as the day went on. The parking lot at Los Comales looked like a swamp! But time with good friends and good food is hard to beat.

Thursday was laundry day. Always a social event at an RV park. The overused crock pot was filled with the makings for cabbage soup before I headed over to the laundry room. When I came back in, I could really smell the cabbage cooking! Wonder how long it will take to get THAT smell outta here with all this humid weather and the windows closed!!!

Ever dependable Brenda sent me a huge envelope of mail. That means sorting, saving, shredding. But it’s always good to get the stuff and go through it.

Weatherman promised me 65 degrees and sunny for Friday and then 70 for Saturday. I'll probably go blind with the sun out! I think that is what that big orange ball is in the sky!

I opened the day/nite shades to let some light in and now I can see I need to wash windows but it will have to warm up some more for me to do THAT!

Lady’s Lunch was on Key Allegro http://www.paradisekeyislandgrill.com/ I had fried oysters and home-made potato fries. Rain had the same with French fried sweet potatoes. No room for dessert!

53 degrees and the sun is still out! I have some of my windows open and the furnace OFF! YIPPEE!!!

On Saturday I finally made it over to visit Deryl & Elke. What delightful friends they are and I’m so glad they are down here.

Also time to visit one of my favorite places – the feed store. Tinga really needed feeg. Most of the year she has to be satisfied with what I fix for her and what we can find at WalMart, but when we are down here, the feed store has a special mix and some good pellets.

Things finally appear to be getting closer to 'routine.' The packages have been mailed for Christmas. Once Christmas week is over, I will kick back and act lazy and retired!

No comments: